J&G sales?

J&G sales?

This is a discussion on J&G sales? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; An AK has made it on to my short list and picked up the Shotgun News. I saw J&G's ad. I am not considering the ...

Thread: J&G sales?

J&G sales?

An AK has made it on to my short list and picked up the Shotgun News. I saw J&G's ad. I am not considering the wasr rifles but the Polish or Bulgarian AK rifles. Thoughts on quality and prices?

The Polish milled ones look really nice. Unfortunately I'm not gonna be of much help as to the quality of either one since I've not handled or shot either one. They're both imported by Century though, and generally speaking, their products are hit or miss (no pun intended.)
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    A link. There are pics of what you are asking about. That's the best I can do for ya.

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/rif...3780810e4a9ef7
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I've never heard anything bad about J&G sales. Century, well I have heard the same as Katana said. Mine is a Norinco so I can not help you with the other makes.
    I've bought ammo and accessories from J&G. Always been very pleased. Waiting on some ammo from them now that is snow bound at an airport in Texas.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

recent experience

I recently bought a rifle from J&G. One of the mags provided was defective. J&G will replace the mag but not pay for shipping. Maybe it's not a big deal for the price of mailing a magazine, but it would be a real big deal if they have the same policy for replacing a bad gun. It made me uncomfortable with the level of their "customer service".
    I don't know what the industry standard is, but I would be wary about buying from them again.

I've done business with J+G for a while, but only face-to-face. A busy outfit but courteous and helpful to a fault.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Jg is top notch

Not impressed

Just dropped 1400 on various items w/j&g. Definitely less than impressed.

Shipping costs are outrageous. Packaged items in such a manner that it guaranteed the shipping costs would be abnormally high.

Included in my order were 5 of J&G's 50 cal ammo cans, which arrived today. This was the only part of the order that was economically packaged, but the cans were pure garbage. When i buy ammo cans, I expect them to be beaten up, discolored, rusty, smelly and in generally poor condition. My only expectations are (1) that the cans not be sent covered in mud, and (2) that the lid on the can actually open. J&G failed on both.

While I don't expect the cans to be clean, these were FILTHY. I was shocked J&G didn't have the common decency to at least hit em with the hose before shipping. Also, the lids won't open. It's like they're welded shut. Most likely because some idiot thought it would be a good idea to wrap them in duct tape and leave them exposed to the elements.

Obviously there is no quality control at J&G.

But on the bright side, other than getting ripped off on the shipping and getting some really cool looking jumbo sized paperweights-disguised-as-ammo cans, it was a seamless transaction.

I've had exactly one transaction with them, for one of their police trade in guns. My experience was positive and the gun has become my favorite shooter. YMMV.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Links