Need help!!! Ar15 sights!

This is a discussion on Need help!!! Ar15 sights! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oh yea I have one more question for y'all... I see a lot of ammo on that website for really good deals.... My question is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help!!! Ar15 sights!

Oh yea I have one more question for y'all... I see a lot of ammo on that website for really good deals.... My question is this. For the money what's the best? I have my sights on that bear 500rds for $100. Is that stuff ok to run? Is it going to gunk up my gun and barrel?? Anyone have experience with that or eagle or Tull??

2. Remove Ads

I run all kinds of crap through my Knight's Armament guns. If your gun is set up right, anything will run and run fine if it's not a precision gun. Typically though, I just run what is the cheapest for 1,000. I don't run steel case that much, but I don't really mind it either. I have a Mk 12 Mod 1 upper that only gets fed match ammo. My "fighting" guns will eat whatever I can get cheap.

My two main guns are both Knight's Armament SR15's. One is about two years old and has slightly smaller gas ports. With really weak ammo, it CAN have cycling issues, though I've not had any. I still try not to run weaker ammo in that gun for drills or a class, even though I've never had a problem. Just one less thing to worry about. on the range though, I couldn't care less what it eats.

I clean my guns about every 500 to 1,000 rounds unless I'm under a heavy shooting schedule for a few days and then my 1,000 round cleaning may only be a quick wipe of the bolt and BCG and more lube. So, even though Bear will probably dirty your gun up a little more than Hornady training rounds, you really won't notice much difference after a few hundred rounds. Dirty is dirty!

Enjoy!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Thanks for the info. Like I said this is my first Ar so I am new to this world. It's almost over welming with all the accessories and stuff.... I just can't wait to put my hands on it!!

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Mattman I live in Collierville. I travel from coast to coast, but just happen to be in Nashville on business this weekend through next Wednesday.
    Proud NRA member

Oh that's cool. I have a lot of friends that live there. As a matter of fact me and one of them went to range USA last night and had a blast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links