Going Green

Going Green

This is a discussion on Going Green within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My better half gave me the "green" light to do a conversion to her saiga 7.62. Picked it up a few years ago on Gunbroker ...

Thread: Going Green

Going Green

My better half gave me the "green" light to do a conversion to her saiga 7.62. Picked it up a few years ago on Gunbroker without realizing it had a skeleton stock. The cool stock was the only reason it hasn't been restored yet.

Here's the before pic

The parts are starting to come in.

I try to do a project or gun/ammo purchase every tax refund...stay tuned.

Just make sure you fully comply with 922(r) on the USA made parts count. I am far from a 922(r) expert, but you do want to pay attention to the technical requirements so you stay on the good side of BATFE. Many here can help you.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Appreciate the concern. This is my fourth conversion. On this one I will have 9 foreign and 5 domestic parts. Less than 10 foreign is legal.

Here's a convenient calculator http://jobson.us/922r/

Nice!

I just ran my AK through the calculator and got exactly the answer I knew was correct.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Good going Zero, good choice of colors also. Will be trying to watch this one.

I did a lot of 922r searches and reading prior to my first conversion years ago. That compliance calculator is nice and makes the count a lot less confusing (especially for the Saiga).

The color should look familiar Rigrat. I pulled various images of guns in different colors schemes (black, plum, OD green, desert sand, wood, red Russian wood etc) and she chose the green based off yours, pirates and a few other OD rifles.

Initially I was trying to talk her into the K-Var Plum because I'm into it, but she wasn't. She also wanted matching color mags and the plum ((10))'s I found were extremely overpriced. It's her rifle, I'm just happy to do another conversion.

I'm liking the green so far and when the K-Var furniture shows I will be able to finish it up. May have to go out in the work shed today (instead of doing paperwork) to take it apart and spray the bottom with Aluma-Hyde. I stopped painting the bottom on the other conversions because the gunzilla I use just eats the spray paint off real quick. The Aluma-Hyde is supposed to be tougher.

Plenty of other individuals brag about how fast they can do a conversion. The conversion is not my income business (ie time is not money). I enjoy working on the rifle as much as I enjoy shooting it (project/hobby). It always ends too fast.

Sponsored Links