New AR

This is a discussion on New AR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I swung by Bud's Gun Shop the other day to take a look around and ended up walking out with this. DS Ar15 with ...

Thread: New AR

New AR

Well I swung by Bud's Gun Shop the other day to take a look around and ended up walking out with this. DS Ar15 with magpul goodies. I couldn't pass up the deal, and got a somewhat decent LE deal on the package. Standard ar flat top, 16'' barrel. It came with the MOE handguard, stock, and pistol grip, one pmag and mbus. I purchased the magpul afg for it today and already had an optic from a previous rifle. All in all its a fantastic weapon and shot just as well as the M4's we used in the Army. Plus I love buying local and the DoubleStar factory is only about 15min away from my house. Anyways here are a few pics from today.

shooting with a good buddy of mine who used to build for DoubleStar

U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

2. Remove Ads

Looks like it should get the job done for sure. I do love getting all hopped up on Magpul parts...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Congrats on your new rifle, and thanks for the pics and vid's!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

GM
    Very nice! Congrats.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Those magpul pieces make any AR look better for some reason...LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

nice, I like the pics and videos!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

thanks for the comments guys, i just picked up a sling for it today, and will be getting five more pmags this weekend. We took a trip to Sportman's Warehouse today and apparently they carry alot of MagPul products Everything from MOE handguards, stocks, Pmags, rails and covers, and a few Troy Industry parts
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

I know you said you got a sling, but if you favor single points, look into the ASAP attachment to run one off of.

How do you like those handguards? I am thinking on my next AR I am going to go with MOE's to save weight and money.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Congrats, nice weapon

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I know you said you got a sling, but if you favor single points, look into the ASAP attachment to run one off of.

How do you like those handguards? I am thinking on my next AR I am going to go with MOE's to save weight and money.
    I bought an A-Tac single point sling, the rifle came with a ambi single point sling attachment already on it. As for the handguards I love them. I'm not a big fan of the quad rail system and prefer the MOE setup. It has a good texture and fits perfectly for my grip especially with the afg on it. I higly recommend the MOE handguard.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Links