Gun safe

This is a discussion on Gun safe within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok I have been looking into the huge world of gun safes. I don't know if this post is appropriate for this or not so ...

Thread: Gun safe

Gun safe

Ok I have been looking into the huge world of gun safes. I don't know if this post is appropriate for this or not so move this if it needs to be. Does anyone have any idea on the total defense line of safes by stack on?? They seem to check out as far as the requirements go. Fire resistant, water resistant, and 10 points of locking. The only thing I would change is the 12 ga construction. But here's the deal... Between the extremely loud sirens of my home alarm going off and my 70lb pit bull coming the chances of the bg sticking around to pry on this is probably not going to happen. Bieng that I am a carpenter I know how and what to use for bolt down as well. I also have insurance on all of them. This is just a deterrent and also to keep them out of site from little hands. Any ideas? Looking in the $800 range?

2. Remove Ads

I only know of the cheesy Stack-On sheet metal boxes you see at Dick's and similar outlets, but I'll trust that you've looked at a range of offerings in your price range.

There's not a safe in the world that is theft-proof. It's all a matter of making the thief take longer to break in to get the goods, thereby increasing his odds of being interrupted or caught in the act. Sounds like you have layers of security, which is a better deal than putting all your trust into one steel box.

Just a thought I've mentioned here many times... look into used safes. Safes are heavy and are thus expensive to move when it's time to relocate, so - like pianos - they tend to get left behind. It's worth a half hour of your time to call your local moving and storage company (or safe moving company) to see if they have any abandoned safes for sale. You never know what might turn up.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Not sure if this helps you. I have a liberty Safe (L-25). It cost me $350 to have it moved about 15 miles.

Links