Norinco SKS

This is a discussion on Norinco SKS within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yesterday I stopped in at a gun shop I haven't been to in a long time. They had a Norinco SKS in great condition black ...

Thread: Norinco SKS

Norinco SKS

Yesterday I stopped in at a gun shop I haven't been to in a long time. They had a Norinco SKS in great condition black synthetic stock with aftermarket folding synthetic stock, and a 30 rnd mag. I don't know much about an SKS but in doing some research Norinco seems to make some of the best is that correct? It was $350, worth it or no? Also how accurate are these? thanks!
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

2. Remove Ads

I was just searching gun broker and this is it! I wouldnt have to pay FFL or shipping though so it would be $350 +tax

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=216194660
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Hard to say what they're worth nowadays... got mine (Yugo) with 500 rounds for $150 about 5 years ago.

I put a couple of hundred rounds through mine, and I'll say it's 'accurate enough' as a battle rifle - maybe 2-3" groups at 100 yards. The kid-sized length of pull and less-than-ideal sights kept me from getting as much out of the gun as perhaps I could have. I re-stocked it with a synthetic stock but haven't shot it since. I wouldn't scope the gun, but I am considering adding a Tech rear sight.

FYI, I'd go back to the original 10-round box (non-removable) mag that feeds with stripper clips. I've played with the AK-mag conversion and getting a mag to seat is a pain compared to the AK itself or something like an AR or FAL. Just my $0.02 worth.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    That's a fair price. My boys bought my Yugo a few years ago for $125 (Christmas gift to me). Post-2008 election, prices climbed then settled a bit. I agree with the fixed internal mag & stripper clips. Try changing a detachable magazine while shooting prone and NOT give away your position! The detachable mags and SKS don't play well together and take some effort to seat. Not what you want if you need your weapon back on target in a hurry. As for accuracy, and SKS is not bad. Certainly nowhere near my bolt action requirements; but for a semi-auto battle rifle, you'll get lethal results to 150 yards, maybe beyond....
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I have a Norinco SKS. They are very good, I think they are better than all but the Russian ones. Three hundred fifty dollars seems to be in line with normal prices.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Senior Moderator
    Crazy.
    Back in the day, a friend of mine got a crate and sold them all to everyone at work. They went the first day. He got a second crate and it took about a week after that. I should have gotten a few more but I didnt.
    About a year later the price went up and I still didnt get one.
    The first one cost me 69 bucks. I still have it. The price went up when that idiot Clinton became the Pres. and guns got more expensive.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    Yesterday I stopped in at a gun shop I haven't been to in a long time. They had a Norinco SKS in great condition black synthetic stock with aftermarket folding synthetic stock, and a 30 rnd mag. I don't know much about an SKS but in doing some research Norinco seems to make some of the best is that correct? It was $350, worth it or no? Also how accurate are these? thanks!
    Chinese SKSs have not been imported for years due to political reasons, thus 99% of those for sale are Used.

They are very sturdy military carbines easily capable of hitting people
    at 300yards.

When new many years ago these typically sold for $100.

The plastic stock can be bought for $50-$75 and the 30 round mag (which may or may not work well) is $20-$30

Typically , you can find a very nice used Norinco SKS on Gunbroker for

$200 .
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Links