Daniel Defense...2 years and waiting...finally ordered

This is a discussion on Daniel Defense...2 years and waiting...finally ordered within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well after almost 2 years of waiting and 6 years of dreaming I've ordered my dream AR. A a Daniel Defense M4 V5. I've ordered ...

Thread: Daniel Defense...2 years and waiting...finally ordered

Daniel Defense...2 years and waiting...finally ordered

Well after almost 2 years of waiting and 6 years of dreaming I've ordered my dream AR.

A a Daniel Defense M4 V5. I've ordered it from our local gun shop Accuracy Firearms with no sights so I can add on some Magpul MBUS black sights for now. The rifle is 6 weeks or so behind in production so it's going to be a while but I can't wait. They said it would be 10ish weeks to get a V5 with the DD flip up sights. So I thought I would go this route and save a few bucks.

I'm also writing up a accessory list of what I want after trying out many accessories on other friend's AR's.

Just wanted to share my excitement and also it's a place to exhaust my patience while waiting 6 weeks. :)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their reviews and insight that has led me to, what i think, is a great decision on a DD rifle.

Have a great weekend.
    -Chris
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Very nice. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Christmas in May!!! Oh yeah.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Thanks Gunnutty!! Everyone in Illinois is gun ho on Rock River and some guys couldn't believe I was spending more for this rifle...I said just wait till you get your hands on it.

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    The only problem you will have is all the accessories. There is always something else you can buy for this type of rifle.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Nice!

If you're not going for optics (scope or RDS) right out of the box, I'd save a few more shekels for better iron sights than the Magpuls. They're truly backups, and I think you'd be disappointed in them as primary sights.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    The only problem you will have is all the accessories. There is always something else you can buy for this type of rifle.
    Definitely true. I already have Magpul mags and a flashlight mount for my Surefire...just a few of many.

NRA Member/Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Nice!

If you're not going for optics (scope or RDS) right out of the box, I'd save a few more shekels for better iron sights than the Magpuls. They're truly backups, and I think you'd be disappointed in them as primary sights.
    Defenitely agree. I really wanted the DD iron sights but just couldn't wait and figure I could pick them up at a later time. I think I'm going to run a Bushnell TRS-25 optic. Down the road I'm hoping to upgrade to an Aimpoint...one step and one dollar at a time :)

NRA Member/Supporter

Links