Defensive Carry banner

New Interstate Arms/Hawk 982 (pics)

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JOHNSMITH 
#1 ·
First of all, yes, yes, I know... I should've gone American and bought an 870 Express. I hear you. But this was $185 shipped with ghost ring sights, and arguably better quality than the Express (although I am not in any way maligning the Express). At my current stage in life, I couldn't pass that up! :redface:

18.5" barrel, 5+1 capacity.

I haven't shot it yet, and I only did a quick Hoppe's wipedown of what I could get to without disassembling it and a run through with CLP. This is my first long gun. I hope I don't beat myself up firing this, heh. I've already been trying to practice my stance. So far I look like a bit of an idiot, ha.

Here are a bunch of pictures that are probably too dark to be very useful.

And because someone may ask, yes, it is safe and unloaded... I don't have any 12 GA ammo anyway so that definitely makes sure it is unloaded :tongue:

Sweet, hi-vis follower

Tried to do a "view down the sights" pic

Close up of rear sight... that actually looks disgusting. Sorry. I need to do a more thorough clean up with a toothbrush at some point.

I've heard that the trigger guard on this was metal. I'm not sure if it used to be, or if this is actually metal. But it seems like it is plastic to me. From what I could feel, it felt plastic too. I'm not sure. But it felt solid to me, so I don't anticipate any problems. And in case anyone asks, why yes, that is an a tissue box.

Stupid question, but does anyone know what this is for? A sling attachment point?

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome to the club. I think you'll like it. I don't have too many plans right now. I'm thinking I might get a MOD-C clamp for a flashlight, and then a side saddle, 4 round (so that I won't have to change out the foreend with a shorter one).

But honestly, I like it as it is now. I think I'll just keep it basic for a while :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.