Remington 887 Tactical?

This is a discussion on Remington 887 Tactical? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What do you guys think of the 887 Tactical by Remington? I have a chance to pick one pick one up for $400. I also ...

Thread: Remington 887 Tactical?

Remington 887 Tactical?

What do you guys think of the 887 Tactical by Remington? I have a chance to pick one pick one up for $400. I also looked at a Winchester SXP Defender for $350.
    Last edited by TJK68; March 3rd, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a fair price from what I just researched. Have you considered the 870 Tactical ?

Remington 870 Tactical 12g, 18.5", W/Ghost Ring Sights

887 Video:

YouTube - Remington 887 Tactical

My personal shotgun is a 1974 Remington 870 Wingmaster sporting shotgun converted to defensive shotgun with 18" barrel, Polychoke, pro-porting, sidesaddle, tactical sling and brushed nickle finish since it sometimes does boat duty in south Florida.

P26093812.jpgP26094308.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Yep, I really like the 870, just looking at options. Great looking shotgun you have, I like it.

My brother-in-law had 2 of the Nitro 887's and nothing but problems with both of them. Some design problem with the triggers. He went round and round with Remington for quite awhile until they finally agreed to buy them both back from him since they could not rectify the problem.

He's a huge pump shotgun guru and has a collection of all kinds. His opinion of the 887,... and I quote,.... "a disgrace to the 870 line up".

I then bought an 870 police model!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I was gonna buy an 887 but after reading a bunch of reviews online it seems the consensus is that they're not so great. If you want a Similar shotgun, at the same price if not cheaper, look at the Benelli Nova.

I have a Benelli Nova and it's great. I plan on adding a Remington 870 to my collection soon as well.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

I too am a much bigger fan of the Rem 870 and also the older Rem 878 as well as the REM 1100; mostly due to the fact I grew up with these guns and shot them from the age of 8 or so.... I have not liked the "new" ot tatical look that is popular today with many (not an issue I just do not like it) although I am a true Glock man the look took me some time to get over as well. For now I still like all non glocks to be wood and steel....

It looks like a Mall Ninjafied version of my 870 Express. It's got angular patterning and a spiffy "flash suppressor" that make it look tactical, but I have a feeling the function is no different. And I picked up my 870 with a synthetic stock and 6-round tube for $350.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Links