My second AK-47

My second AK-47

This is a discussion on My second AK-47 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I did enjoy the Romanian WASR10 I used to have but I wanted something a little better built when it came to AK rifles. I ...

Thread: My second AK-47

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

My second AK-47

I did enjoy the Romanian WASR10 I used to have but I wanted something a little better built when it came to AK rifles. I looked hard at the Yugoslavian variants but then a gun store in town had something else that caught my eye!

I picked up this NIB ATM Polish 1960 AK with milled receiver for 699. It's a much better built rifle than the WASR10 though that thing was a blast to shoot. I hope this thing is just as fun. The magazines don't wobble hardly at all with this Polish variant. It's not easy finding a milled AK for under 800 these days. I'm glad I found this one!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Those milled receivers are cool. Good job picking it up. Let us know how she shoots.

GM
    Very nice. Congrats
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Very nice. I love my WASR but, like you, desire something a little more refined.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    So I finally went out and shot my Polish 1960 AK-47 today. I put the target up at 25 yards and was getting 1/2 to 1" groups standing. It's pretty accurate at 25 yards so next time I'll try 50 and see how she does. I did buy a Bulgarian steel magazine for it and the bolt would always stay back on the last round and not feed properly. The magazine that came with the gun works fine so I blame the spare magazine I purchased. I was shooting 100 rounds of Wolf Military Classic 124 gr. HP ammo. I think I'm pretty happy with this rifle so far.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Senior Moderator
    The Polish Milled AK's are probably the best deal out there right now.

The only reason that they can still be got is because most people dont know about them.

Here is a link for those interested...Classic Arms Inc.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Nice looking AK, enjoy! I'm still wanting to add one to my collection, so many choices. I do want a good, reliable, well built AK-47 rifle. The only option I want on it is a bayonet lug (I don't know if that's standard or optional). Although I see myself changing the grip later.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Sponsored Links