Need recommendation for low cost semi auto Home Defense rifle - Page 2

Need recommendation for low cost semi auto Home Defense rifle

This is a discussion on Need recommendation for low cost semi auto Home Defense rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you're 100% set on using a rifle, I'd recommend an M1 carbine with a red-dot. Might look ridiculous, but it's very light, very fast, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need recommendation for low cost semi auto Home Defense rifle

If you're 100% set on using a rifle, I'd recommend an M1 carbine with a red-dot. Might look ridiculous, but it's very light, very fast, and while you can't take a cape buffalo with it, it makes most humans (especially those at indoor ranges of <15 yards) very dead.
    "With great firepower comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaRatio View Post
    If you're 100% set on using a rifle, I'd recommend an M1 carbine with a red-dot. Might look ridiculous, but it's very light, very fast, and while you can't take a cape buffalo with it, it makes most humans (especially those at indoor ranges of <15 yards) very dead.
    Oooo, that's a great little rifle and a great suggestion!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Yes, the Cali laws are crazy in that you can't have a AK 47 if it is too short so a folding stock has to be fixed so it won't fold and there is a whole long list of items if you have one you can't have something else. I did find a Ca legal AK 47 and met ftf at the FFL. Am now waiting for the days to pass so I can go pick it up and start to learn how it works in the back 40 acres. It had been taken to a armorer to fix the canted sight and gas tube and rework the mechanism so everything is good to go. I agree the 12 ga is the way to go for close in work but I wanted a semi auto to welcome the "golden hoard" when, not if.
    NRA
    Glock 22
    Colt Cobra 38 Spl

I live in California, and just got a Saiga AK in .223 for $450. I already have a Mini-30 in 7.62x39. The Kelteks are legal here, hard to find, and run around $650. Guns in Kalifornia are more expensive than in the free world because of all the hoops the dealers have to jump through. Tomorrow I am buying my lower to start my AR build. The M1 is also a great suggestion, but run in the $700 neighborhood. Good luck!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links