Weapon Camo

Weapon Camo

This is a discussion on Weapon Camo within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I must say that I have a love for painting just about anything especially weapons. Heres the job I did on my own the ...

Thread: Weapon Camo

Weapon Camo

Well I must say that I have a love for painting just about anything especially weapons. Heres the job I did on my own the other day. Just trying out different colors and patterns. All criticism would be appreciated whether positive or negative

U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Looks good to me!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i am personally of the opinion if you want something like that done, have a pro do it. Nothing worse than trying to flip off the safety and realizing its painted so it wont move. Never add any mods that may make my weapon inoperable such as a paint job. However I do not know your skills, so i cannot judge your work, it looks good but its not my cup of tea.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    i am personally of the opinion if you want something like that done, have a pro do it. Nothing worse than trying to flip off the safety and realizing its painted so it wont move. Never add any mods that may make my weapon inoperable such as a paint job. However I do not know your skills, so i cannot judge your work, it looks good but its not my cup of tea.
    You would have to cake on an extreme amount of paint to make any of the mechanisms malfunction. The paint dries smooth and does not glob. Ive dealt with weapons before that have had upwards of 15+ layers of some sort of paint and still was fully functional. with that being said its only common sense to cover all open points of access to the internals of the weapons i.e. muzzle, dust cover, etc. ( I always remove bcg, and charging handle before painting)
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

I like it!!

VIP Member
    I would love to have the courage to paint a few of my guns, but every time I think about doing it I wimp out.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Sponsored Links