"Bump Fire" Stock

This is a discussion on "Bump Fire" Stock within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If I want a full auto, I'm gonna do it the right way. I don't put much faith into "novelty" items like this. In my ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "Bump Fire" Stock

If I want a full auto, I'm gonna do it the right way. I don't put much faith into "novelty" items like this. In my opinion "full-auto" isnt recreational, its for laying down suppressive fire to cover movement or pin down an advancing enemy
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    agreed with the crowd against it, its unsafe, if i set my weapon down on the ground and it gets bumped or something gets dropped on it, it is one more thing to fail and cause an accident, i do not trust safeties nor do i trust a stock that makes my gun fire by pulling on the foregrip
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Senior Moderator
    agreed with the crowd against it, its unsafe, if i set my weapon down on the ground and it gets bumped or something gets dropped on it, it is one more thing to fail and cause an accident, i do not trust safeties nor do i trust a stock that makes my gun fire by pulling on the foregrip
    Nope.

It only works if your finger is on the trigger. If your finger is not on the trigger then a bump cannot possibly fire it....in fact, a bump would be less likely to fire it as the energy would be absorbed by the mechanism.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I think for shoulder fire bump fire it works well. Everytime we fool around and bump fire I figure it is a matter of time before LEO shows up and I have to explain things to them.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    One of the guys that works with me says his will empty a 40 mag. in 2.6 seconds.....that is pretty pricey with the stock selling at $350. If comes with a letter for the ATF that states it is legal and why.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    One of the guys that works with me says his will empty a 40 mag. in 2.6 seconds.....that is pretty pricey with the stock selling at $350. If comes with a letter for the ATF that states it is legal and why.
    I reload so even 223 for me isn't that "pricey"I'm interested in seeing how it works with a 22 conversion,If it will bump fire 22 lr then you are talking around a dollar a magazine
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

RKM
    I think it looks fun! I like to give one a try. But not something I'd spend money on.

Looks like it could be fun, & looks as controllable as a regular FA firearm. But I'll be waiting for a Saiga specific stock, 20 round 12 gauge drum dump anyone?

My worries about the product is simply drawing unwanted, un-informed law enforcement attention. Even though it's legal, I still wouldn't want to deal with that kind of attention. Still, it looks like fun, & is truly a poor man's machine gun.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I reload so even 223 for me isn't that "pricey"I'm interested in seeing how it works with a 22 conversion,If it will bump fire 22 lr then you are talking around a dollar a magazine
    This is what my buddy did. He bought the stock then bought an M&P 15/22 (?) to go with it. He had to modify it a bit and it was very finicky with ammo and needs the 'snappiest' .22 you can find. Last he said, it seemed to be working ok.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    It works on recoil so my guess is that a .22LR isn't gonna work too good.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    You can go to youtube & type in "bump fire" and there are vids with a few different bump fire techniques.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    So how is this different from the Akins Accelorator?
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Better hope one of the rounds you're ripping through while you're "bump firing" isn't a squib load with just enough recoil to fire the next round.

BANG BANG BANG BANG POP BOOM
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It's a neat item. Seems to operate very well based on the Video.
    Not really my particular cup of tea but, it's cool and legal.
    If it floats your boat - buy one.
    Pretty much my sentiments. It does seem to give more aim control over learning to bump fire the traditional way... but I don't see a great need for it other than for entertainment and blowing off ammo.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    So how is this different from the Akins Accelorator?
    IIRC the akins used a spring type action that allowed the gun to cycle in the stock,from what I've seen so far there are no springs in the bump fire stock it's all done with muscle and recoil
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links