"Bump Fire" Stock

This is a discussion on "Bump Fire" Stock within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Any of you guys seen or tried one of these, or something like it? Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "Bump Fire" Stock

"Bump Fire" Stock

Any of you guys seen or tried one of these, or something like it?

Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15
    "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"
    -Wendell Phillips

“Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap nor easy conquest.”
    -The Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    We'll see how long this one stays on the market.

The BATFE originally allowed a similar unit for the 10/22, but then later changed their minds and declared it a "machine gun".

Bump firing can be accomplished relatively easy on a number of long guns without a special stock.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

They're selling like crazy at the local gun shop. I guess it's cool if you're into that sort of thing, but my guns aren't toys, so I won't even consider one. The other day I was at the range and about 3 guys and 2 girls were going crazy with one while they took turns filming each other and laughing. Mag dumps with barely keeping 10 of those rounds on paper at 7 yards. I ended up walking out until they were done and before someone got hurt.

On another side of it- my good friend who is a serious shooter with a number of full auto guns and other class 3 stuff bought one for the heck of it. He modified it to work on an M&P 22 he specifically bought for the project after trying the stock on one of his 5.56 guns. it serves no purpose, but he just thought it was interesting, especially in comparison to a full auto lower.

I'd say it's a no-go for anyone that does anything more than waste rounds or post stupid videos on Glock Talk of themselves.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Frankly, some of my guns are toys but bump firing devices are all just baggage; designed for the immature shooter who doesn't know any better.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

At the price of ammo, I like to enjoy my shots!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Frankly, some of my guns are toys but bump firing devices are all just baggage; designed for the immature shooter who doesn't know any better.
    Pretty much what I was going for there.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Like XADER said there was a guy that invented a stock for the 10/22 and it did basically the same thing,the ATF said go ahead,after selling several of them the ATF apparently saw how well it worked and said no dice it's a machinegun,they wanted records of every one sold.The guy had investors lined up and a warehouse with parts to start manufacturing,he went bankrupt fighting the ATF decision.
    Katana likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

GM
    Interesting, but I think I will pass on this one.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Administrator
    It's a neat item. Seems to operate very well based on the Video.
    Not really my particular cup of tea but, it's cool and legal.
    If it floats your boat - buy one.

Looks like its pretty controllable.

Senior Moderator
    Yes, they work, yes they are fun and yes they are selling like hotcakes.

The only people that seem to poo-poo them have never fired one.

FWIW, they are the cheapest way to get a full auto rate of fire there is. Guns dont have to be serious. Sometimes I shoot just because it's fun. A friend of mine dumped a whole C-mag....thats a 100 round drum without a single failure. The mayor of one of our towns here asked me about and ended up buying one. He smiles everytime he shoots it.

The local gunshop bought 10 of them after I sent him a video, he sold out in two days. Bought another 20 sold them within the week and has 30 on order and most of them are already spoked for.

They do come with an ATF approval letter. Since its no different than buying a stock, no records are kept on them even if the ATF decided to rain on everyones parade because people are having to much fun with them.

People shoot it and smile. Thats good enough for me...
    dsee11789 and OD* like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

They send you an approval letter with it so its cool. Just show the paper to the ATF and you all good.

Something about this seems like a bad idea...

fun if u can afford the ammo

I have access to FA firearms just about every time I shoot,M16,AK47,MP5,Uzi,We even made a 22 conversion upper for his m16 and it cranks off a mag of 22 lr in about 2 seconds.
    But I ordered one just to see how well it shoots and possibly configure it to shoot 22 lr,that would be a hoot.
    One huge downside I see is that these end up in drug cartel or gangbangers hands and the first time an LEO encounters fire from a gun with one of the stocks on it and all hell will break loose
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links