DM type rifle? - Page 2

DM type rifle?

This is a discussion on DM type rifle? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why does the S&W only have a 10+1 capacity? Are they proprietary mags, and it can't take standard AR mags, or is this some sort ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DM type rifle?

VIP Member
    Why does the S&W only have a 10+1 capacity? Are they proprietary mags, and it can't take standard AR mags, or is this some sort of capitulation to the anti-gun crowd? And at almost $1200, it doesn't seem like a good deal to me... But, I have no experience with S&W ARs.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the Wylde chamber, but RRAs can be hit or miss. Some folks love 'em, a lot of "professionals" think a bit less of them. For a plinker, I don't think they're bad, but you could certainly do better.

The Bushys I've used have been good guns, but I've never tried one of their "accuracy" platforms. I have no reason to think that it wouldn't be a workable rifle, though I'm sure there are others with more knowledge/experience.

Precision rifles are one are where I am willing to hold out and get the best that I can for my purposes. Then again, my purposes may not be your purposes, and I really don't think any of the rifles you've listed would FAIL for intermediate range, casual shooting. Of the three, I have the most positive experience with Bushmaster, and would get that...and use any saved money for glass and ammo.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    The S&W takes regular mags. I have no idea why it has a ten rounder other than it is easier to manipulate on a sand bag.

ETA: How bout a build? It seems that I could do pretty well price wise by building the lower and dropping the Bushy upper on for $530. Does anyone here have any experience with a build?
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Get this upper: BCM SS410ô 18" Rifle Length Upper Receiver Group w/ Midwest Industries SS-15" Handguard 1/8 Twist

And put a lower together.

There's your DMR/SPR.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    +1 johnconsiglios comments talked me into the BCM and I am beyond happy. Having done tons of research lately I can assure you that it is far more gun for the same money (if not less).

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Holy crap OPFOR! That price is waaaay out of my league.

I have a wife and three kids. I need to squeeze every nickel until it bleeds.
    You got kids. Sell one.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    You got kids. Sell one.
    Look for my next post in the members buy sell trade forum.

WTS NE Ohio. Cute, nice 5 year old boy. He's a good helper, wipes his own butt and can spell his name. Will trade for a new spiffy DM style AR.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Wylde chamber is a hybred 223/556, its good to have, better then 556 for accuracy

VIP Member
    Defender Standard Patrol Model 16 - Firearms

I would buy this B4 the S&W^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links