new rifle.

new rifle.

This is a discussion on new rifle. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Today I sold an old saxophone I had sitting around for a decent chunk of change. Went to my gunshop and saw exactly what I ...

Thread: new rifle.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

new rifle.

Today I sold an old saxophone I had sitting around for a decent chunk of change. Went to my gunshop and saw exactly what I needed. A Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle in a cherry red finish with original stock manufactured in 1942. They had some rifles dating back to the early 30's but the finish was not to my liking the way the finish on this one is. Got the rifle, a sling, bayonet, oil can, ammo pouch, and 20 rounds for 120 bucks. Not as cheap as some around here, but definatley worth the extra bread. Pics coming as soon as I can get her cleaned up and camera ready
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Very nice find! Get ready to bruise your shoulder and having fun at the same time.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Great old guns, and I can only imagine that the sniper version is that much better than the rest. Find the YouTube video about polishing the chamber, as these guns are notorious for having cases stick in the chamber. The best part is that some serious thumping surplus ammo is available for cheap.

BTW, remember that milsurp ammo for the Mosin-Nagants should be considered corrosive, so bring your spray bottle of Windex and a Bore Snake to the range each time.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Mosin Nagants are a great deal, I've got a little one, and a big one, both are quite a bit of fun. Let us know how it shoots for you, if it tends to shoot high, try it with the bayonet attached.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Very nice trade-off.

Sponsored Links