SKS duckbill mag pouch mod

This is a discussion on SKS duckbill mag pouch mod within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys, I thought I would share a mod I did with my SKS case. I have a "tactical" case made by Bulldog that my ...

Thread: SKS duckbill mag pouch mod

Hey guys, I thought I would share a mod I did with my SKS case. I have a "tactical" case made by Bulldog that my carbine with side-folder resides in. like many cases of this sort, it has mag. pouches on the outside that work really well for AR and even AK mags, but the duckbilled SKS detachable mags never would fit properly and allow closure. You can see from the video that I just cut out a slot for the duckbills and sealed the nylon Cordura edge with a common lighter. So far it looks like it will work really well and still will hold AR mags w/out issue. I imagine that there are other mag pouches out there that would work well with this mod as well. Hope this helps those of you who have struggled with this in the past like me.

YouTube - SKS magazine pouch modification.

Last edited by skunkworks; April 19th, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Sponsored Links