Defensive Carry banner

Guess i will have to go first ...What is your scatter gun of choice?

12K views 76 replies 59 participants last post by  paknheat 
#1 ·
I really like my brand new Remmington 870 express magnum chambered in 3\"

There are lots of cool toys that i can bolt on, and for home defense i cant think of a better bang stick than a good old 12 ga.

Sound off folks...What have you got?

#2 ·
Well, I actually traded a Remington 870 (long vent rib barrel) for a Winchester Defender (both of them were 12ga) some time ago and now wish I had just bought a second barrel for the 870. Remington and Mossberg have alot of aftermarket goodies not available for the Winchester.

Right now the Winchester Defender is completely stock with original wood.

#15 ·
A somewhat rough Mossy 500 12 gauge 18.5\" barrel, but it has sentimental value.
Load out:
#6 attention getter
00 You really aren\'t still here
00 No really why are you still here
Slug Oh that\'s gotta hurt
Slug What kind of alien are you I\'m outta here

I have deployed the Mossy for self defense. It proved so effective I did not have to fire a shot to bring total compliance from the individuals who were viewing the business end. :eek:

Oh yeah and I shot some skeet with this shotgun, to answer the \"That gun only has one purpose, killing\" comment. I\'m like that.:D

#17 ·
FIE SPAS-12... Let the flaming begin...

~A

#18 ·
870, 26\" bbl, 10 rd Choate mag tube, pistol grip stock....planning on adding a lite & sidesaddle but first I need to spend more time on the weight bench.

Dang, load 10 rds in that thing and it gets hefty!

Speaking of loading; 2 rds 00 Buck, 1 Slug, repeat, repeat. I can\'t think of any HD situation that this wouldn\'t handle, but there\'s plenty of loaded handguns scattered throughout the house just in case.

#21 ·
Originally posted by Moondoggie
870, 26\" bbl, 10 rd Choate mag tube, pistol grip stock....planning on adding a lite & sidesaddle but first I need to spend more time on the weight bench.

Speaking of loading; 2 rds 00 Buck, 1 Slug, repeat, repeat. I can\'t think of any HD situation that this wouldn\'t handle, but there\'s plenty of loaded handguns scattered throughout the house just in case.
Just lift your gun regularly, that will get you in shape. :D

I figure 2 shots from a 12 gauge should be all it takes to deter most anyone breaking into my house. I am certainly prepared for more than that, but two should be what it takes. They will have to get by the Two Dogs alarm/protection system first as well.;)

#22 ·

My previous HD weapon was my thompson loaded with 20 rounds of WWB, and no sling. It wieghs 13.x lbs, empty. After using it, everything else seems light.

#24 ·
To say the least...

~A

Originally posted by Scott
Originally posted by APachon
FIE SPAS-12... Let the flaming begin...

~A
I\'ll bet you can generate some flames with that bad boy. :bowdown::D

#25 ·
My next firearm purchase is either an AR to complete my \"set\" for 3-gun IPSC, OR a Thompson....great HD piece no matter which one I get.
One thing to appreciate about the Thompson, is that its quiet. Even when my earmuffs dont have a proper seal, it doesnt bother me at all at the indoor range I frequent, at least my ear didnt bother me until someone took the next lane and fired a G31... Outdoors it doesnt bother me without my ears on, or my 11yo sister. I\'ve used it a few times for pest control.

If you do use it for HD, dont use the drum. It rattles. Kinda ruins any stealth movement you try to make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.