Defensive Carry banner

Guess i will have to go first ...What is your scatter gun of choice?

12K views 76 replies 59 participants last post by  paknheat 
#1 ·
I really like my brand new Remmington 870 express magnum chambered in 3\"

There are lots of cool toys that i can bolt on, and for home defense i cant think of a better bang stick than a good old 12 ga.

Sound off folks...What have you got?

#54 ·
I kinda like my Remington Model 48 13" BBL...<yes it's a short barreled shotgun> NFA Stamp gun. This is a predicessor of the Rem 100. It's recoil activated rather than the gas recoil system of the 1100 series. In the Movie "Lone Wolf Mc Quade" Chuck Norris uses the weapon in the final scenes against David Carradine and a few other BGs..
I was able to get a Ithaca Stakeout 12ga 13" BBL for my Son's God father. He's an LEO in Massachusetts, and yes, he carries in under a long coat.. I fondly call him "Eugene" <David Graf> from Police Acadamy as he had a large chache of weaponry primarily from me LOL

#60 ·

My preference is for my Remington Model 11 (receiver made in 1926, barrel in 1935-36). I've put a new recoil pad since this photo was taken -- nevertheless, I call her "The Mule" because she kicks like one. Damn reliable weapon, however. At some point, I'll have it refinished although the patina that has developed has a certain nostalgic appeal. The stock was cracked through the wrist, but I've repaired that and it's hardly noticeable now. The magazine extension is from a Remington 1100 with a 1/4" round spacer/washer installed (threads on the Model 11 magazine tube are longer than on an 1100). Just a fine weapon, a reminder of an era of machining and craftsmanship that is forgotten.

Capacity is 7+1. Standard load is Winchester Ranger Reduced Recoil 00 Buck and Winchester Ranger Reduced Recoil 1oz slugs.

Jeremy

#64 ·
I have Sinned

I currently have no shotgun:frown:

It's on the list for 2006. I am evaluating best bang for the buck.

Irighti

#65 ·
Charles Daly - Field Hunter VR-MC, Semi-auto 12g. All stock for now. I don't think they even make any cool accessories for it. I haven't even shot it yet, so I may sell it before I do and buy something I can put some tactical accessories on.

#66 ·
Speaking of swapping guns. Where do I find tactical accessories for these guns? I'm trying to figure out which gun I want to buy, and I want to see which guns have a decent selection of accessories. I prefer semi-autos like the Rem 1100 or other similar guns, but I'm kind of new to the tactical shotgun arena, so I don't know who makes accessories for what guns. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

For instance, does someone make universal accessories, like lights or lasers that will attach to my current CD semi-auto barrel? I know the manufacturer doesn't have anything. :(

#67 ·
Trade_Sniper said:
Speaking of swapping guns. Where do I find tactical accessories for these guns? I'm trying to figure out which gun I want to buy, and I want to see which guns have a decent selection of accessories. I prefer semi-autos like the Rem 1100 or other similar guns, but I'm kind of new to the tactical shotgun arena, so I don't know who makes accessories for what guns. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

For instance, does someone make universal accessories, like lights or lasers that will attach to my current CD semi-auto barrel? I know the manufacturer doesn't have anything. :(
Here's a link or two that may help.- Choate Machine & Tool

http://www.riflestock.com/

Midway USA

http://www.midwayusa.com/

#68 ·
A Saiga 12 which is essentially a magazine fed (3, 5 and 8 round mags) 12 gauge AK. It's "AK reliable" and it handles recoil superbly.

Negatives are that it is currently no longer imported into the country, but I understand that may change sometime this year. Parts are hard to find domestically and magazines above 3 rounds in capacity are expensive...8 round mags can go for over $100 and are usually available directly from sellers Russia auctioning them off on Gunbroker.

#69 ·
srfl said:
A Saiga 12 which is essentially a magazine fed (3, 5 and 8 round mags) 12 gauge AK. It's "AK reliable" and it handles recoil superbly.

Negatives are that it is currently no longer imported into the country, but I understand that may change sometime this year. Parts are hard to find domestically and magazines above 3 rounds in capacity are expensive...8 round mags can go for over $100 and are usually available directly from sellers Russia auctioning them off on Gunbroker.
Oh man, that sounds cool. I'll have to look around for some info on that, see if I can find some pics. I'd definitely want the 8-shot and maybe a spare 8. Now, if I can just figure out how to make it full auto... :image035:

#70 ·
Trade_Sniper said:
Oh man, that sounds cool. I'll have to look around for some info on that, see if I can find some pics. I'd definitely want the 8-shot and maybe a spare 8. Now, if I can just figure out how to make it full auto... :image035:
For tons of information and fantastic photos of modified Saigas go here: http://www.saiga-12.com and be amazed.

#72 ·
If I definitely decide to, I'll let you know. I haven't made up my mind yet and I'll have to find a replacement first.

#73 ·
jc_conn has almost the twin to mine but mine is an american A5 browning ( nazi era built in us by remmington ) cut back to 20" with invectors , works fine for phesant and quail when i take the extedned tube off it LOL

#75 ·
od its an american browning , for a time in the 30s and 40s when the fn factory was under nazi occupation browning a5s were made in the us by remmington its basicly a mod 11 remington with the browning engraving , mag cut off switch , ect.. mine is solid ribbed barrell . If you do run across one and buy it they do take remmington mod 11 parts to fix them ( inch pattern vs metrec ) if they break .

#76 ·
Just picked up the Benelli Nova Tactical yesterday. Tough to beat the price of $279.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.