870 Tactical Picture thread

This is a discussion on 870 Tactical Picture thread within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Post pictures and specs of your tactical SHTF 870's. I just bought a second 870 (one I've had for a long time that I hunt ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Old School

Thread: 870 Tactical Picture thread

Post pictures and specs of your tactical SHTF 870's. I just bought a second 870 (one I've had for a long time that I hunt with) to turn into a grab and go tactical shotgun. I'm mainly just looking for stock and forend ideas. I started by ordering an 18" barrel now I would like to replace the stock and for end. I'm not going to go crazy with it just want to lighten it up a bit and make it more maneuverable. SO what does yours look like?

I'm thinking about the HOGUE 12" LOP STOCK or the knoxx compstock
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    knox compstock by far, its so sweet. The pistol grip is wider so it feels more soild in your hand, then the stock has the recoil buffer to make the shotgun shoot sweeter. word of caution, if you put the blackhawk forend on the pump of the gun, you will have to saw off part of it in order to put a shotshell holder on the reciever if you so choose
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Here's a shot showing the fore end notching to receiver mount a side saddle.
    Attached Images
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

^ nice! What kind of stock?
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Its the "stock" 870 Express Synthetic stock.

ETA: I tried a pistol grip stock on it and didn't like it, I think it cuts down on the versatility.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Its the "stock" 870 Express Synthetic stock.

ETA: I tried a pistol grip stock on it and didn't like it, I think it cuts down on the versatility.
    I find it hard to do manipulations with a pistol grip on a shotgun. Nice shotty.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Cool

1974 Wingmaster with electroless nickle finish, synthetic stock and fore end, poly choke, pro-porting, side saddle and tactical sling. Pistol grip works well for me especially when holding one hand and reloading from the side saddle.

P26093812.jpgP26094308.jpg
    aznav likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    knox compstock by far, its so sweet. The pistol grip is wider so it feels more soild in your hand, then the stock has the recoil buffer to make the shotgun shoot sweeter. word of caution, if you put the blackhawk forend on the pump of the gun, you will have to saw off part of it in order to put a shotshell holder on the reciever if you so choose

Is the knoxx compstock any shorter than the factory stock? I would just keep the factory stock but it's a little to long for me I have a short reach. I didn't google very hard but I didn't see anything that said what the specs were on the knoxx.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    it is when fully collapsed, you can adjust it to be way long, but it can also be slightly shorter, thats why i chose to use it in the first place, it was shorter than my factory stock
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    it is when fully collapsed, you can adjust it to be way long, but it can also be slightly shorter, thats why i chose to use it in the first place, it was shorter than my factory stock
    Ok thanks, I did not realize it was adjustable, as long as I can make it a little shorter than the factory stock I think it will work well.

The Knoxx Stock is similar to the M4 stock. It has a 6 position adjustment on Ir.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

sgb
    my 870 & 1100

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member
    This sits on my "famous" aznav's bedside pvc cradle.

ps. I understand the concerns about a pistol grip stock. However, practice makes perfect and I've discovered that if I drop my "normal" aim just a couple inches, I'm right on target. PLUS, in my bedroom, a hall, kitchen, etc. it's very hard to wheel your stock shotgun around, to your shoulder, and bear on the target. JMHO.
    Attached Images
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Links