Bump fire...

Bump fire...

This is a discussion on Bump fire... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been doing some research on this and wanted to get some input from you guys. There may be a thread started on this already ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Bump fire...

Bump fire...

I've been doing some research on this and wanted to get some input from you guys. There may be a thread started on this already but I wanted to start my own. I have a bushmaster AR-15 and like so many people I would love to have it fully auto. So I found this modification called bumpstock by slide fire solutions (I think). Does anybody own one of these and have some good things to say about it? Go to millitarygunsupply.com and check it out. It's called the ssar-15 modification. It's kinda high though.
    Generation 4 Glock 23
    Son, if you want something in this life you have to work for it,
    now quiet! there about to announce the lottery numbers........ Homar Simpson

I have 2 a LH and RH model,they do work as advertised,there is a small learning curve as too much forward pressure can prevent the gun from cycling resulting in hammer follow,IOW the hammer doesn't catch the trigger and rides the BCG forward which requires chambering a new round.,it's not as fast as a FA M16/M4,It is pretty close.after a mag or 2 you can burn ammo at the rate of the national debt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ok cool, thanks for the quick reply. I'd really like to get one, just hate to get of off $300 bucks at the moment.
    Generation 4 Glock 23
    Son, if you want something in this life you have to work for it,
    now quiet! there about to announce the lottery numbers........ Homar Simpson

With many semi autos proper form can illicit bump fire, either from the hip or shoulder ( with reasonable accuracy), without a $300 investment.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I took a class with Brownie and he showed us how to place your finger in the trigger guard of a semi auto and bump the trigger so it rapid fires like a auto.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    I took a class with Brownie and he showed us how to place your finger in the trigger guard of a semi auto and bump the trigger so it rapid fires like a auto.
    I took a class on the Second Amendment and I learned that we have the constitutionally enumerated, God-given right to own fully automatic firearms. No infringements allowed.

Bumping is for people who have watered down illusions of freedom.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    agreed with that guy^ however for some reason we decided to create ATF and that has been biting us ever since
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I think they should rescind the FA ban,and just make it law that anybody using a FA weapon to commit a crime against persons either Robbery,Homicide etc. upon conviction be sentenced to death and have it carried out within 6 months and you wouldn't see very many criminals even wanta touch one.But the people that are on death row get 3 hots and a cot at taxpayer expense while they use the courts to delay their sentences.I kinda like the law that in some middle eastern countries if you get caught stealing they cut off a hand,you might get caught twice,but 3 times would require special skills
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

I bought one this weekend but I gotta replace my 2 stage trigger before I can try it out.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

I'm shooting one of mine in a lower with a RRA 2 stage trigger and it runs great,so great that a range I'm a member at doesn't allow FA fire,so I'm shooting bursts and a range officer comes over and says hey thats full auto,I said no it's bumpfire every round requires an independent trigger pull,I ran it by one of the Board guys and he said it was good to go

I just picture The Man restricting it retroactively like they did with the 10/22 one (forget the name).

I don't think there's much progress with relaxing the 86 restrictions, I think the future my be in the individual state "firearms freedom" laws like Montana. Build it in-state, keep it in-state and be free of The Man's jurisdiction.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm shooting one of mine in a lower with a RRA 2 stage trigger and it runs great,so great that a range I'm a member at doesn't allow FA fire,so I'm shooting bursts and a range officer comes over and says hey thats full auto,I said no it's bumpfire every round requires an independent trigger pull,I ran it by one of the Board guys and he said it was good to go
    Well that is what my lower is and I was hesitant to put it on because in the paperwork the RRA was specifically mentioned along with 2 other 2 stage triggers. I figured it would work but perhaps it would just be a little less problem free with a single stage trigger. I'll bet it is more of a a CYA thing for SlideFire so that people not doing it properly won't try sending it back or something. How many times/rounds have you shot your RRA with the SSAR?

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    Well that is what my lower is and I was hesitant to put it on because in the paperwork the RRA was specifically mentioned along with 2 other 2 stage triggers. I figured it would work but perhaps it would just be a little less problem free with a single stage trigger. I'll bet it is more of a a CYA thing for SlideFire so that people not doing it properly won't try sending it back or something. How many times/rounds have you shot your RRA with the SSAR?
    I've shot it 3 or 4 different times and put about 300 rounds downrange with it,I also have one on a standard trigger lower and haven't noticed any difference between the two
    DaRedneck likes this.

Awesome! Thanks man, I am gonna go install it then and see how it does.

I can bumpfire my AMD 65 with it's 75rd magazine perfectly. Not even using a beltloop. It take practice but can be done. But you thought regular shooting practice was expensive?!? Wait til you start practicing bump firing! 75rd drum = $15 of ammo....in just a few seconds?!?!

Sponsored Links