Coming soon...The MKA 1919, AR-15 style 12 guage shotgun

This is a discussion on Coming soon...The MKA 1919, AR-15 style 12 guage shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hmmm... I understand detachable box magazines for rifles - even with a higher capacity, the mags are still manageable in size. For larger shotguns shells, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon...The MKA 1919, AR-15 style 12 guage shotgun

Hmmm...

I understand detachable box magazines for rifles - even with a higher capacity, the mags are still manageable in size. For larger shotguns shells, however, I'm still not convinced that detachable box mags are the way to go. I just cannot see a civilian defensive scenario where you would need more than 6-8 shells, and where you wouldn't have the time to top off your mag tube (which is something you cannot do with a detachable box mag). I'm also concerned over the possible deformation of plastic shot shells when stored for long periods of time in a vertical mag - they just weren't made for that.

I'm even starting to really appreciate the lever gun and its tube mag - no need to carry around spare mags, make sure they all will feed properly, etc. All you need is spare ammo in a bag of some kind. Simple.

Sure, for an all-out zombie attack, I can see needing the firepower, but that's just not too likely.

In any case, thanks for posting. Looks interesting, and the price seems reasonable too. I'm willing to be convinced that I "need" this...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    perhaps a bump fire stock would be fun with this, might have to give it a shot, pun not intended
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

You ought to see what Tromix is doing to theirs over at the Saiga forum. It's looking pretty sharp what they've done to it so far.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

12 Gauge MKA 1919 Shotgun AR

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Soon to come an AR-15 clone known as the MKA 1919. Its a 12 guage that comes with two magazines, one in the 2.75 and 3" length.

Its being imported by RAA and the price is around 700 for the black gun and 800 for a camoflaged version.

It comes with interchangable chokes as is compatible with the WinChoke.

It looks promising enough that I will own one and I will shortbarrel it,put a collapsible stock on it and make it look "tacticool." It wont be long until aftermarket items like extended mags show up.
    This gun looks like it has lots of potential.

I am interested in purshasing one of these. Can anyone tell me who carries them?

Senior Moderator
    The first 100 have been sent to dealers for trial testing. If all goes well, supposedly they wii be coming in around the Fall. As of right now, they arent available.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

very cool. i want one of these and a saiga. to bad im broke.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I handled one of these at a hunting show 1 year ago in Maryland of all places when ATI was talking about importing them. The reciever is not a standard AR reciever, and the stocks are integrated into the low therefore unless they make a lower with an adjustable stock you will nto be able to bump fire these.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Thats fine, I will just machine a bump fire stock onto it. no biggie. although i wonder if that would make it into a destructive device if the stock was perminatley mounted. Hot Guns, you think I'd be legal to do it that way?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    I got a chance to shoot one and check it out. I have some video of it here:

You can jump forward to 10:29 in the video to see the shotgun.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Senior Moderator
    Thats fine, I will just machine a bump fire stock onto it. no biggie. although i wonder if that would make it into a destructive device if the stock was perminatley mounted. Hot Guns, you think I'd be legal to do it that way.
    Nah, its not classed as a destructive device or it would have a 200 tax stuck on it.As long as the stock wasnt too short to make the legal length, you'd be OK,although, somehow I think that making it into something like a SlideFire stock might be a bit more difficult that you think.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Very Cool! Who needs a savings account anyhow?

MKA-1919 12ga. Semi-Auto Shotgun with Black Stock MKA-1919
    Price: $699.99, Order by July 1 and receive free shipping. 1st 48 states only
    This item is temporarily out of stock. Backorders are being accepted. Next shipment due to arrive late July.

Modern Firearms - Akdal MKA 1919

AKDAL® * Arms
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

This gun seems like sort of a catch-22 as far as becoming popular enough for aftermarket domestic hi-cap mags being made.... If enough of these aren't sold and if they don't become popular then nobody will invest in designing & manufacturing hi-cap mags for them. On the other hand, the only way I see these becoming popular (especially at their relatively high price point as compared to Saigas) is if there are hi-cap mags available. Great looking rig, and probably functions well, but honestly they need to set up a front operation in the U.S. to manufacture domestic hi-cap mags (at least 8rd) so as to give people a reason to buy them. Hopefully this gun wont become the next Techno Arms Mag-7M1

We just got one in the shop and I'm sorry but it gets two thumbs down. Cheap plastic, cheap sights, a canted front sight "gas block", wouldn't cycle low recoil buck at all, and didn't cycle hi brass slugs reliably. The screw in choke wasn't marked and was a sloppy fit. Patterns were ok at 30' but really spread at 60'. Got to play with more loads though before I say anything final about that. It's an "AR" like the old Llamas were 1911s, close enough in looks but not compatible. And worst of all is the safety selector. instead of a red and white painted dot, this thing has a red and white fake gem set into the plastic, looks like it came from a kids toy. Way too cheap and tacky looking. For the money I'd pass or get a Saiga if I could find one for a not-too-inflated price.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Damn...I was doing fine following the thread until I saw 1 Old 0311's avatar, now I have no idea what's going on. What were we talking about again?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    We just got one in the shop and I'm sorry but it gets two thumbs down. Cheap plastic, cheap sights, a canted front sight "gas block", wouldn't cycle low recoil buck at all, and didn't cycle hi brass slugs reliably. The screw in choke wasn't marked and was a sloppy fit. Patterns were ok at 30' but really spread at 60'. Got to play with more loads though before I say anything final about that. It's an "AR" like the old Llamas were 1911s, close enough in looks but not compatible. And worst of all is the safety selector. instead of a red and white painted dot, this thing has a red and white fake gem set into the plastic, looks like it came from a kids toy. Way too cheap and tacky looking. For the money I'd pass or get a Saiga if I could find one for a not-too-inflated price.
    I pointed out these issues in the video above.

It's my understanding the shotgun is going through some evolutionary changes. We'll see.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links