Coming soon...The MKA 1919, AR-15 style 12 guage shotgun

This is a discussion on Coming soon...The MKA 1919, AR-15 style 12 guage shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Soon to come an AR-15 clone known as the MKA 1919. Its a 12 guage that comes with two magazines, one in the 2.75 and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon...The MKA 1919, AR-15 style 12 guage shotgun

Senior Moderator

Coming soon...The MKA 1919, AR-15 style 12 guage shotgun

Soon to come an AR-15 clone known as the MKA 1919. Its a 12 guage that comes with two magazines, one in the 2.75 and 3" length.

Its being imported by RAA and the price is around 700 for the black gun and 800 for a camoflaged version.

It comes with interchangable chokes as is compatible with the WinChoke.

It looks promising enough that I will own one and I will shortbarrel it,put a collapsible stock on it and make it look "tacticool." It wont be long until aftermarket items like extended mags show up.
    This gun looks like it has lots of potential.

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    One more pic, this one completely tore down...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    I want one...as soon as they have a 30 round drum for it.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Gas Operated it would be fun to shoot,gonna have to set up the shotgun shell reloader and setup my equipment to make lead shot out of lead,hadn't found a reason to use the shot maker yet,but this thing sounds like it could get expensive
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Oh boy, I can see Congress will be losing track of the economic crisis again. All eyes on this!! So very scary...

This is very cool. Hope it is as fun as it looks like it would be. Keltec also has a unique shotgun coming. Loads of fun this summer!!
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    I don't get it. How can this be importable when the ATF told us years ago that the USAS 12ga was an "destructive device"? They pulled the same non-sense with the Striker/Street Sweeper. Now we have Saiga 12's with drums, these new shotguns which are quite similar to the USAS 12ga...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have them but I'm just PO'ed that we lost the USAS 12ga and Striker/Street Sweepers.

Argh.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Senior Moderator
    Its been reported that the ATF study decided that pistol gripped shotguns were accepted as having a "sporting use". Yeah I know its just another word that the ATF made up, but that is how they were allowed to be imported.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Brings a whole new meaning to "Bump Firing".

If it's a quality weapon, it would be nice to run my shotgun and carbine w/ the same basic manual of arms. Think AK's and Siagas.

dan

Grrr. While I'm happy to see another box magazine-fed shotgun hitting the market, I'm aggravated that there are no domestic manufacturers of them. I really hate dealing with 922(r), and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

By being imported, it also means we'll almost never have the option of buying OEM high capacity magazines (as seen with the Saiga 12/20/410.) The Russian Saiga 12 8 rounders, when they can even be found, are prohibitively expensive since they're not allowed to be imported. Which will also limit these to 5 round OEM magazines and after market hi-caps as well.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Senior Moderator
    Which will also limit these to 5 round OEM magazines and after market hi-caps as well
    Not a big deal. Look at the Saigas. There are lots of aftermarket mags for them and in most cases they are better than the Russian mags. If this gun turns out to be successful, they'll be a whole industry that pops up to support it.

So far, reports say that the gun functions well,that its better out of the box than most Saigas do.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

GM
    That is very sweet. Thanks for posting!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    So far, reports say that the gun functions well,that its better out of the box than most Saigas do.
    I hope so, it's a great looking design, and as someone else mentioned, it'll be a great shotgun for those already familiar with the manual of arms for AR's. I'm really interested in this one, and if it proves to be as good as you've read, will go on my wishlist.

Sorry, I'm just aggravated that I'll have to swap perfectly good foreign-made parts for American made ones just to be able to legally use anything more than a 5 round or less magazine. Like I said, I'm really interested in this one.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Ex Member
    I will wait till the jury comes in on this. LOOKS like a AR is one thing. FUNCTIONING like one is something else.

Very cool looking, but I always like to see new weapons out on the marked for a year or two to work out the problems.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links