imbel fal

This is a discussion on imbel fal within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a chance to buy an fal with imbel receiver. It would come with 8 magazines. Is this an ok value at $400? Wish ...

Thread: imbel fal

imbel fal

I have a chance to buy an fal with imbel receiver. It would come with 8 magazines. Is this an ok value at $400? Wish I had more info but I can't get a hands on view until tomorrow.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I did some research for you and the Imbel FAL is made(assembled) by I.O. Inc..

I.O. Inc. has a TERRIBLE reputation for building low end guns and marketing them as top notch.

Now here is the catch. The price/value on this is pretty darn good. It's so good that I'm thinking there is something very wrong with the gun. If you have a history with the gun or really trust the seller then OK. If not, then don't touch it.

Most FALs on gunbroker are going for about $800 to $1800. The Imbel are going around $600. This guy is asking $400 with extras. To me, it sounds too good to be true.

The only other thing to suggest is if he will let you take it for a test drive. If it rocks then snap it up. My guess is he won't let you shoot it first.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

It is one of my girlfriends friends. I would hope he is trustworthy. He is apparently going to germany and needs money bad. Sounds like me...

I will get a handle on it tomorrow. Hope its ok. I have had an interest in a battle rifle. At least something until my ak is fixed

VIP Member
    See if you can shoot before you buy it.

What's wrong with the AK?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

End of a pin broke off. Hammer pin falls when fired. Took a minute to sort out. Finally ordered right part since century wont send any.
    Last edited by zeppelin03; June 8th, 2011 at 10:55 PM.

As I understand it, DSA FALs are what you buy if you want a top notch FAL. The Imbels seem to be hit and miss, but definitely lower quality over all.

I would normally recommend going to a dedicated forum like FAL files, but that forum feels like it is from 1998. Things seem out of order, and it is difficult to navigate and actually find anything over there.

VIP Member
    I'm a DSA dealer, and their FALs are good but start at $1400 on up. I just ordered a $900 DSA IMBEL for a student, and when we see it I'll make an evaluation. It's a used bbl. I couldn't talk him up to a SCAR 17S.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Links