Ithaca Roadblocker 10 Gauge.Opinions?

This is a discussion on Ithaca Roadblocker 10 Gauge.Opinions? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I read this particular gun is out of production,anyone know of a gun like this that is still available?In the future something of this nature ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Old School
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Ithaca Roadblocker 10 Gauge.Opinions?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Ithaca Roadblocker 10 Gauge.Opinions?

I read this particular gun is out of production,anyone know of a gun like this that is still available?In the future something of this nature might be on my list.Why?Just novelty,it is an odd-ball type of gun.Sometime I see or read about a gun and think,"wow,that would be fun to own"Any of you ever own one,or something close?
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

2. Remove Ads

There use to be lots of 10 guage shotguns in the duck and goose blinds on the Chespeake Bay back in the day.

Most were doubles or bolt actions.

Browning stills shows a 10 ga. pump in mossy oak in their catalog. I am sure there may be others.
    BPS 10 Ga., Mossy Oak® Duck Blind™, duck hunting shotgun goose waterfowl camo pump shotgun, Browning Firearms Product

Here's a Roadblocker for sale.
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/928690750...Roadblocke.htm
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

The Roadblocker was a "police version" of the Ithaca Mag-10 autoloading shotgun. I think the Roadblocker had a Parkerized instead of blued finish bit was otherwise pretty much the same gun. It was one heavy gun! I hefted one at a gun store when they were still in production, and my guess is that the weight and autoloading action would ease the recoil from those brutal 10-gauge shells.

If memory serves me right, in spite of its fearsome appearance the gun only held 2 or 3 rounds in the magazine, which I thought was kind of limited for law enforcement use. But it was designed for waterfowling, and LE use was an afterthought.

Remington bought the design from Ithaca and marketed the gun for a few years in the mid-to-late 80s, but never as a Roadblocker.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Moderator
    The Remington SP-10 is about as close as it gets. Several of my friends own them for use on ducks and turkeys.

They are great guns but they are not for the timid. They are big and heavy and a beast to carry unless you are using a boat or a 4 wheeler.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I thought I read they have a gas tube of some type?

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

I knew a guy that said a 10 gauge would be his preferred weapon in grizzly country. I've never shot one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    I thought I read they have a gas tube of some type?
    It's a gas operated semi auto.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

There are several Ithaca MAG10 auto shotguns on Gunbroker.com Most have 26 inch to 32 inch vent. ribbed barrels.

There is one which comes with a 26 inch vent rib barrel, but you can also purchase a 21 inch Deerslayer slug barrel to go with it for an additional $500. The photos have the 21 inch slug barrel attached with the rifle sights. It looks like a sweet gun.

pix584155982.jpg
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Just checked some 10 guage ammo prices on ammo to go and it is almost twice the price of 12 guage 3" magnums.

Good information,thanks to all.Any other info, is welcome

I shot a 10 gauge I borrowed from a friend when I was goose hunting,I think it was an Ithaca,I had a goose flying by about 15 yards out and I swear to god when I lit off that charge of steel BBB as they impacted it blew him sideways before he folded up and hit the ground
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links