My Perfect Home Defense Pump Shotgun Build

This is a discussion on My Perfect Home Defense Pump Shotgun Build within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well perfect for me. My criteria for this build: Reputable make, light weight, short, night sight, and Tac light. To me that is the best ...

Thread: My Perfect Home Defense Pump Shotgun Build

My Perfect Home Defense Pump Shotgun Build

Well perfect for me.

My criteria for this build: Reputable make, light weight, short, night sight, and Tac light. To me that is the best criteria for a home defense shotgun.

The shotgun is a 14inch Mossberg 590A1.

Stock ATI 12 LOP adjustable to 14. I was apprehensive at first with the ATI stuff but I handled the stock in person and it seemed to be built well.

Forend Grip also ATI all Aluminum Talon with picatinny rail attachments. I purchased this one because I can swap in to my 1300 or 870 with the adapter kit that came with it, very light and solid piece. I have the surefire forend coming in for a 870 SBS build.

The sight is a Tru-Glo Tritium fiber optic combination, aluminum. Very bright.

The light is a Surefire X400, I had no intentions of going with the X400 until a deal came along and I picked it up cheaper then a X300. This light is amazing, incredibly bright 170 lumens and very clear laser, top notch Surefire as usual.

Here are some pics with HK45 full size for scale.

HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

2. Remove Ads

Real nice shotgun. I recently sold mine, and this gives me a few good ideas for when I replace it. So all the ATI stuff seems solid? I've never heard of them

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    Real nice shotgun. I recently sold mine, and this gives me a few good ideas for when I replace it. So all the ATI stuff seems solid? I've never heard of them
    ATI makes a ton of stuff and some of the products get less then rave reviews. The forend choice was between surefire and the talon, I went with the talon on this build only because it weigh's a bit less, the surefire forend will grace a 870 SBS build.

I wanted a 12 LOP stock and it was between ATI and hogue, after closer inspection of the ATI stock it seemed to be designed well and solid, I will probably use it on some other builds.
    HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

I like the look. A lot of aftermarket stuff looks way too tactical. Not every gun needs to turn into an ar-15

Great pics of a nice HD set up...you can sleep well tonight!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nice shotgun. I don't care much for the looks of the forend, but if it serves your purpose, that's cool. Nice pics. I would like a SBS one day when I can afford one.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

GM
    Very nice. Well done!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links