price point for Remington 870 express

This is a discussion on price point for Remington 870 express within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering what a very nice hardly used 870 express is worth. I believe it has synthetic stock. The gun is going to be ...

Thread: price point for Remington 870 express

price point for Remington 870 express

I was wondering what a very nice hardly used 870 express is worth. I believe it has synthetic stock.
    The gun is going to be in an estate auction of a friend of my family. I have seen the gun and it looks brand new, no scratches or wear on the bluing or the stock.

2. Remove Ads

I bought a used one recently for $200 cash, Express Magnum. I might could have haggled a bit, but I really wanted it right then. Not the deal of the century, but not bad either. Synthetic stock, nearly new condition, and and extra turkey choke.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I paid $350 for my Express Synthetic 18" brand spanking new. $200 for a lightly-used one seems like an OK price.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

$200 is a very good buy for like-new or excellent condition; I might go as high as $250 if I didn't have to pay sales tax or a transfer fee.

Bud's gun shop sells the same gun - new, with free shipping - for about $320.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    200 bucks
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

200 bucks for such condition would be a steal in CT. yut.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Administrator
    It depends. What model (barrel length) is it? What time of year is it going to auction? Summer is a bad time to sell shotguns. I'd wait until late summer early fall to get the best dollar... but that doesn't really mean much since we're talking about an express.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I buy one every year to auction off at our youth football fund raiser. I buy it NiB for 320 so if you can get it for 200 you should jump on it.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Links