Convert your AR-15 to full auto, legally

This is a discussion on Convert your AR-15 to full auto, legally within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a SSAR 15 on one of my guns and I have a gun that is full auto. The SSAR is actually tons of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Convert your AR-15 to full auto, legally

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I have a SSAR 15 on one of my guns and I have a gun that is full auto. The SSAR is actually tons of FUN.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I'd give anything for an $8,000 M16 lower! Well, you'll make double your money if you sell it, good investment. You can barely find those auto sears, or whatever they're called, for that much at today's prices. If I was doing it over, I'd have gotten the M16 instead of the MP5. I'm sure I will eventually.
    Uhh... wouldn't it be nice if an M16 lower was the same price as an AR15 lower? Same materials, same factory, same Constitution.
    atctimmy and OD* like this.

Oh man, I think I just found my Father's day present. That just looks like too much fun. With it being as easy as it looks to change out, I'd put my Magpul stock back on when storing it but you gotta admit that looks like fun without breaking the bank!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Uhh... wouldn't it be nice if an M16 lower was the same price as an AR15 lower? Same materials, same factory, same Constitution.
    The US Constitution
    Void where prohibited by law
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I'm not so sure about being overly expensive to shoot,I reload 223,I bought a set of dies that make 224 calibre bullets from 22 lr brass,I'm not kidding one bit when I say I can reload 100 rounds of 223 for around $7.00,and I'm no sniper,but at 50 yards you couldn't tell a difference in the 5 shot group from mil-spec 223 bullets and the 223 swaged bullets.I have a right and left handed model of the SSAR stock and you can pull the stock into your shoulder tight,I will agree to one thing and I do have access to a full auto M16A1 is that your bursts are quicker and IMHO more controlled,but that may change with more practice with the stock in the future.I wouldn't recommend the stock for any tactical use either,fine motor skills diminish,and if you push forward too hard it stops the action and you can get hammer follow which stalls the gun and you have to cycle a fresh round.Its about as close to FA the average guy will see without renting a FA at a range and buying their ammo which can cost a wee bit
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Dukalmighty, I see you're in Texas too. What part and where is there a range that you can rent full auto. I wish we had one here.... Plus I get tired of everyone asking if they can shoot mine!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

RKM
    I agree with what almost everybody has said. It'd be neat and fun to play with, for sure. But it has no business on a defensive (or offensive) rifle. I know of a guy locally who bought one of these stocks. I really want to play with it, but I don't see the need of buying my own, as it'd just be something to play with.

I would love to have the capability to shoot 3 round bursts instead of full auto. Full auto uses too much ammo in a real life situation.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Actually it's NOT full auto but you'd never know it. It's a new, easy to install, butt-stock called 'SlideFire' for Ar-15 that does controlled bump firing. (around $350) It's apparently declared legal by the ATF. Since the trigger needs to be pulled each time by the user it technically is not full auto. However, it will empty a 30 round mag in about 3 or 4 seconds. Look at the videos you'll be amazed how it fires just like a fully auto machine gun. Gunblast does a positive review and shows how it works.

I can't help but wonder how firing range management will react when you light this thing up. You might want to warn them first as it will quickly attract a crowd.

Check it out..

http://http://www.gunblast.com/SlideFire.htm
    I don't trust the ATF. They may say it's legal now but tomorrow or some other day, it may be illegal again. ATF never clarifies what they say and they are a disgraceful and out of control law enforcement organization that needs oversight. And anyone that is part of the ATF should be ashamed of themselves as the ATF has the ultimate goal in mind, total disarmament of American citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    I don't trust the ATF. They may say it's legal now but tomorrow or some other day, it may be illegal again. ATF never clarifies what they say and they are a disgraceful and out of control law enforcement organization that needs oversight. And anyone that is part of the ATF should be ashamed of themselves as the ATF has the ultimate goal in mind, total disarmament of American citizens.
    You've taken this thread way off topic. You surly must realize the AFT doesn't make the laws. Instead they enforce them. They have no such goal to "disarm American citizens" and your suggestion is ridiculous.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I was at the range today shooting a steel target match,after everybody cleaned up I brought out the AR15 with two SSAR 15 lowers,one righty and one lefty,there were a lot of grins going around,One thing about the range is there is no Full Auto fire allowed,but this is not a FA weapon so it is allowed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You've taken this thread way off topic. You surly must realize the AFT doesn't make the laws. Instead they enforce them. They have no such goal to "disarm American citizens" and your suggestion is ridiculous.
    The ATF is one of the listed anti-gun organizations as listed by the NRA. If they are enforcing the laws of this country, then why are they looking the other way and allowing guns to be smuggled into Mexico? You know why? So they can create a cause for gun control. ATF always think they can do what they want. Just recently, they have even proposed banning tactical shotguns or any shotgun deemed as non-sporting. You wanna say my suggestion is ridiculous, I think you are being naive and in denial.

Go look at some NRA/GOA/SAF/CCRKBA articles on the BATFE helping smuggle illegal guns into Mexico. Also go to youtube and look up "The Gang" and it will give you a video that details the BATFE's history and abuses of their power. It's time "you" wake up and smell the coffee.
    Last edited by Jason Storm; June 21st, 2011 at 08:01 PM.

It's easy to call me ridiculous yet not reply what I had to say. You really are naive.

I bought one at the high caliber gun show in Houston this past Saturday. I got home and was all excited to put it on then read in the paperwork that it is recommended that you have a single stage trigger. I should have realized that. I have a dadgum 2 stage trigger in my ar so now I'm looking for a new trigger. Dadgumit!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links