Lewis Machine Tool AR-15

Lewis Machine Tool AR-15

This is a discussion on Lewis Machine Tool AR-15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw a LMT AR-15 (CQB MRP) on sale at our local feed & ranch store for about $1,574 (give or take). I have to ...

Thread: Lewis Machine Tool AR-15

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Lewis Machine Tool AR-15

I saw a LMT AR-15 (CQB MRP) on sale at our local feed & ranch store for about $1,574 (give or take). I have to admit, that I'm kind of drooling over it.

Is that fair price? Thoughts on LMT versus Colt LE/SP 6940? (I took my wife to the range last night to work on some low light pistol shooting-using both night sights and CT laser. Also put a magazine thru her Ruger ranch rifle--I'd forgotten how much fun the .223 could be)
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

sgb
    LMT is amongst the top of the food chain in AR's, the price is average.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Shop around on some of the online sites and see if you can beat that price.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

LMT is good to go I'm my book.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Administrator
    Good rifle, not so good price.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I REALLY like my Colt...."If it aint a Colt Its just a copy." LOL But the LMT is a well built gun and would serve you well.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I had a 12" MRP. It's a nice gun, but unless you plan on using the quick change barrel system, all your gaining by going with the MRP is weight.....and that's not really a good thing. If you plan on running the 16" and 10.5" barrel, for example, or one of the precision barrels, it's a fine choice.

Mine was a piston and I don't like piston guns. Instead of changing out barrels, I just changed out uppers. I think it fills the precision role better that the general use or CQB role.

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I had a 12" MRP. It's a nice gun, but unless you plan on using the quick change barrel system, all your gaining by going with the MRP is weight.....and that's not really a good thing. If you plan on running the 16" and 10.5" barrel, for example, or one of the precision barrels, it's a fine choice.

Mine was a piston and I don't like piston guns. Instead of changing out barrels, I just changed out uppers. I think it fills the precision role better that the general use or CQB role.

Good point jonconsiglio, And nice looking gun too!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post

Good point jonconsiglio, And nice looking gun too!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    That is probably attributable to the fact that it is at a local feed store and not at a regular gun store or box store.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Guys--thanks for the advice. I shopped around on the net, and only found one place w/i $100, but that did not include shipping & transfer fees. Well, I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but it has a new home My wife thought it was a nice Father's day gift--even if I did pay for it myself......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Super.

Links