New Vepr-12 Molot Ultra-shortie

This is a discussion on New Vepr-12 Molot Ultra-shortie within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Molot" finally got all necessary certificates and all other documents to produce and sell new VPO-205-03 shotties. Usual AK-style shottie, 12Ga, 305mm (12 inch) barrel. ...

Thread: New Vepr-12 Molot Ultra-shortie

"Molot" finally got all necessary certificates and all other documents to produce and sell new VPO-205-03 shotties.
    Usual AK-style shottie, 12Ga, 305mm (12 inch) barrel. Previously, the shortest version available had 17" barrel. Folded stock locks the trigger (laws, you know..).

vepr1.jpgvepr2.jpgvepr3.jpg

Can't wait to buy it if it won't be too expensive!
    English is not my native language and I may sometimes use incorrect terms. Feel free to correct me if you feel like doing it.

GM
    It looks very nice. Unfortunately, unless I am wrong the Vepr 12s are too "evil" to import into the US.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Senior Moderator
    You list your location in Russia, and they may be legal there. Any shotgun with a 12" barrel is going to have to have an additional 200 tax stamp to be legal here. I'm not even sure if they are legal to import.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    You list your location in Russia, and they may be legal there. Any shotgun with a 12" barrel is going to have to have an additional 200 tax stamp to be legal here. I'm not even sure if they are legal to import.

According to what I read, not even the VEPR-12 MOLOT with a 20" barrel can be imported into the US. If that is true then it is a shame, because they look very good.

Senior Moderator
    You're probably right. The Saigas are importable because they neutered them to make them acceptable for "sporting use" a term that the ATF made up.

Apparently VEPR never took the time to do that. There are some floating around here but they are in short supply.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Not Vepr but Molot. Molot ("Hammer") is the name of the factory, Vepr ("Boar") is the name of shotgun and rifle series based on RPK machineguns.

Yes, it's a legal hunting shotgun there. All legal shotguns are equal, even a long double-barrelled and an evil shortie like this.

Saigas weren't really neutered. As far as I know, versions with long barrel and fixed stock (no pistol grip) are imported, am I right? It's a plain hunting configuration, it's sold there and some people even hunt with it. Short versions (with 17" barrel) are most popular, of course.
    English is not my native language and I may sometimes use incorrect terms. Feel free to correct me if you feel like doing it.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by FileJunkie View Post
    Not Vepr but Molot. Molot ("Hammer") is the name of the factory, Vepr ("Boar") is the name of shotgun and rifle series based on RPK machineguns.

Yes, it's a legal hunting shotgun there. All legal shotguns are equal, even a long double-barrelled and an evil shortie like this.

Saigas weren't really neutered. As far as I know, versions with long barrel and fixed stock (no pistol grip) are imported, am I right? It's a plain hunting configuration, it's sold there and some people even hunt with it. Short versions (with 17" barrel) are most popular, of course.
    You are right, Saigas with 19" barrel and longer are imported into the US. A lot of people like them ... and me too

Sponsored Links