Polytech MAK-90 unfired

This is a discussion on Polytech MAK-90 unfired within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; AK guys, You you have any idea of what this would be worth? It looks to be about 98% condition and comes with everything original, ...

Thread: Polytech MAK-90 unfired

VIP Member

Polytech MAK-90 unfired

AK guys,

You you have any idea of what this would be worth? It looks to be about 98% condition and comes with everything original, and also new 922r parts if I want to AK it. I know a bit about AK's, but these suckers are rare. I have a chance to pick one up, but I am a touch gun shy do to the rarity and lack of information.

Everything I have heard is that Polytech's are superior to majority of AK's ever built. Even just picking them up they are beefier as the receiver and barrel are thicker.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    used i would say 6-700. What price is being asked for it?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    used i would say 6-700. What price is being asked for it?
    700.00 for all the original gear plus three 30 round mags and 922r parts if I want to ditch the thumbhole stock.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Is it the de-nutted version without the bayo lug and threaded muzzle? Here is one on Gunbroker.com for $555.00 unfired.

Norinco MAK-90 Sporter AK Variant 7.62x39, Unfired : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Is it the de-nutted version without the bayo lug and threaded muzzle? Here is one on Gunbroker.com for $555.00 unfired.

Norinco MAK-90 Sporter AK Variant 7.62x39, Unfired : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
    Yes it's that version, but it's a Polytech and not a Norinco. I beleive the PT's command a higher price.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Yes it's that version, but it's a Polytech and not a Norinco. I beleive the PT's command a higher price.
    Chinese AKs are good , better than Romanians , not better than Bulgarians or Hungarians.

The ONLY REASON a MAK90 is worth more than the $200-$300 it cost when NIB is because Chinese Imports were banned first and it's been about 15 years.

There just aren't that many available.
    Less than a year ago you could buy all the MAK90s you wanted for UNDER $500 off of Gunbroker.

Just like most guns - when everybody starts buying a cheap one - the price goes up.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Links