I can't make up my mind! (AK Content!)

This is a discussion on I can't make up my mind! (AK Content!) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got a Romanian lower handguard. I'm used to seeing the handguard with the Romanian side folder, but I've also seen it with the ...

Thread: I can't make up my mind! (AK Content!)

I just got a Romanian lower handguard. I'm used to seeing the handguard with the Romanian side folder, but I've also seen it with the original wood stock, and started to like it. I stained my original wood stock to make it match as best as I can. It's not perfect, but close. Biggest difference is the handguard is glossy, the stock isn't.

I had my side folder on for months and love the way it looks. But I'm starting to like this too. What to do!!!!!!!

vs.

Ignore that the top handguard is missing. Ultimak with PA micro-dot is on it's way!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Well, folding is more 'useful', but solid stock is more sturdy...

I would have to vote folding. If for no other reason than a SHTF situation, it would be easier to conceal.

But, i have to say that the wood IS much prettier.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Yeah, I think the wood stock looks better overall, and I like that the sling mount is far back. I don't like the sling mount on the side folder. But the side folder is just as rock solid as the wood stock.

I just got done putting the side folder back on. It does seem more useful. It gives it a more functional look, but the wood gives it a more traditional look. But looks aren't everything. Even as far as usefulness, there are things about each I like and dislike.

I prefer a functional look, usually, or else I wouldn't have gotten that hideous front grip. I like the look of the front grip because it adds function, at least to me. Yet as far as pure looks, it's ugly. It's like comparing a Ferrari 458 GTS to it's, simpler, cleaner 458 Italia counterpart. The 458 GTS looks good due to it's functionality, but to most, the regular 450 Italia looks better.

Atleast I have the wood stock stained to match so if I ever feel like switch back and forth, I can.

I used to do the same thing with my car, with the wing, without the wing. After a while of back and forth, I finally decided to stick with no wing. It makes the car look a bit more mature... kinda, maybe. Hahaha.

I apologize for all my car analogies, haha.

Anybody else? :D

Links