AR-15 Rebate

AR-15 Rebate

This is a discussion on AR-15 Rebate within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been looking at getting an AR-15, doing my research, and figuring out the budget... I've boiled it down to a few different makes & ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By INccwchris

Thread: AR-15 Rebate

AR-15 Rebate

I've been looking at getting an AR-15, doing my research, and figuring out the budget...

I've boiled it down to a few different makes & models, when I discovered something that might have made up my mind...

One of the brands I'm really looking at is the Smith & Wesson MP15 line...I've found a good MP15OR, and went to the S&W web site where I found this rebate offer...

Nation's Finest - Smith & Wesson

Now, I know its only for military folks (Active, Reserve, Guard, retired, or disabled)...

But $100 off a weapon that I've read mostly good to excellent reviews on appears to have made up my mind...

SO...any feedback on the M&P line of AR-15s...I'm really searching for any difficulties people may have had to help in my decision making process...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Noveske offers a 10% discount on everything for military as does Bravo Co and a few others. Every item including their guns. Any good manufacturer will do this.

What will this gun be for? Plinking? Classes? Defense?
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    It depends on the price. I have an M&P 15 and I like it a lot, but then again I only paid $600 for it new. It is a ton of gun for that price. On the other hand if you are in the $900 or above price range there are better ARs to be had. Bravo Company is in the $900 range and they are TOP notch.

It's really all about the money with ARs. Because there are so many manufacturers out ther making different grades of guns it comes down to the price/value of each gun.

If I were to rate them as good, better, best I would label the M&P as better and Noveske and Bravo company (and two or three others) as best.

Most people would be very happy with an M&P. Mine has run great, but then again I don't put 2k of ammo through it each year either.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

jon - I'm getting it for plinking and SD...

Tim - With the rebate, I'll be in the $775 range, which give me the budget for some "stuff" I want to get...

I will check out Noveske and Bravo Company...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Links for you. Noveske is very expensive so I won't post a link for them. Here is BCM and CDNN (they sell a bunch of ARs). Check page 33 of CDNNs online catalog for prices on M&Ps. They have a standard M&P M4gery for $799 (with rebate that would be $699).

BravoCompanyUSA.com

CDNN 2011-1 Catalog
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

You might post up the different rifles your deciding on so we can help you pick one. I would agree that you can't go wrong with BCM and in fact I'd trust my life with a BCM gun. Especially the one they sell that Pat Rogers built. It's the EAG BCM model.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

VIP Member
    BCM is good for the money and every single AR fan boy is currently on the band wagon with the recommendation. This issue with BCM is that you can't go to the local gun shop and fondle her.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I gotta tell you, when I buy an AR, price for value is not a problem. Sometimes people just want a gun because of the name brand. I want an M&P because its a Smith and Wesson product and I trust their products with my life. Sometimes its all about the name on the product. Think about it, would you rather have a camaro or a trans am. Some say camaro cause its a chevy some say trans am cause its a pontiac. Same thing with guns. I want an M&P because its a Smith and Wesson, others may want a LMP because its an LMP
    Cattus Vir likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Links