smith and wesson mp15 sport scope setups

This is a discussion on smith and wesson mp15 sport scope setups within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone have a smith and wesson and have mounted a scope on it high enough to be able use with fixed front sight like what ...

Thread: smith and wesson mp15 sport scope setups

smith and wesson mp15 sport scope setups

Anyone have a smith and wesson and have mounted a scope on it high enough to be able use with fixed front sight like what is on the new smith and wesson mp15 sport rifle? I picked one up this past weekend and now looking into scope mount combo's. I have a center point 2-7 illuminated recticled on a sig sauer 522, looking at mounting that same scope on the smith and wesson and wondering what would be a good type removable scope mount that would allow me to take it off and use the factory sites if I wanted and reinstall and use the scope without having to re zero the rifle.
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I am wondering the same thing...

new to the forum, just realized the front site is not detachable. What is commonly done if one decides he doesnt want to use the iron sights?

How much d you have to spend?
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Typically, with AR-style carbines when you use optics you barely notice the front sight... you're not focusing on them.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I ended up replacing the gas block with one that uses a folding front sight. You can also use a carry handle mount, or there are several makers of mounts that use throw levers for quick detatchment.

Links