Good Deal! Entire AR Lower for $150 - Palmetto State!

This is a discussion on Good Deal! Entire AR Lower for $150 - Palmetto State! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For those that don't already know, I found this outstanding deal from Palmetto State. You can get an entire lower for $150. Please look at ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HotGuns

Thread: Good Deal! Entire AR Lower for $150 - Palmetto State!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

For those that don't already know, I found this outstanding deal from Palmetto State. You can get an entire lower for $150. Please look at the details below.

Also please note the SS 16" upper that you can get for $429.

PSA AR15 Lower
    These forged lowers are quality made using material is 7075-T6 and are marked "CAL MULTI" to accommodate most builds. Finish is Black Hardcoat Anodize per MIL-8625 Type 3 class 2.

Pricing: $49.95 ea

Shipping: $7 ea

Palmetto State Armory Classic Lower Build Kit

Includes Mil-Spec M4 Stock, A2 Pistol grip, Palmetto State Armory Classic Lower Parts Kit and Mil-Spec buffer tube assembly. Everything you need to finish your stripped lower.

$99.99

Palmetto State Armory 16" SS Mid-length Wylde 1/8 Twist

Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is made to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring machined T marks, and mil-spec finish. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer, and are marked with the Palmetto State Armory logo on the left side, up front, just below the rail.

Barrel: 16" 416 stainless steel, 1:8 twist with the Wylde chamber, mid-length gas port, Recessed target crown and standard M4 feedramps. Barrels are finished off with a taper pinned, f-marked, front sight post, and A2 flash hider. The barrel is relieved slightly under the handguards to reduce weight. The Wylde chamber was designed to be compatible with both 223 and NATO 5.56. This makes for a more versatile upper than a 5.56.
    Bolt: Bolt is made of Mil-spec Carpenter 158 steel, shot-peened, MPI & HPT. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked per mil-spec. Bolt carrier is parkerized outside and chrome lined inside.

Please note the 223 Wylde chamber is designed to function with both the 5.56 NATO pressure rounds and SAAMI spec 223 Remington rounds.

All PSA uppers are assembled to order from quality, American made, parts. Please allow 7 working days before the upper is ready to ship.

Pricing: $429.95 ea for upper alone
    Add a Magpul MOE Handguard for $20
    Add a Magpul Magpul rear MBUS for $50
    Add a Magpul MOE Handguard and rear MBUS for $70

Shipping: $15.00

Wish I had the extra money to take advantage of these good deals but maybe some of you can!

Please post if you do!

Enjoy!
    DCG

I used a Palmetto lower kit for a build for a local LEO and he was happy with the result.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I think this Palmetto kit would make for a good rifle. They have a MOA lower kit that I personally want but its $39 more...which I would pay to get the stock that I want.

$50 for a stripped receiver is a really good buy as well - less than $60 shipped, what do you have to loose?

I'm actually surprised that this thread doesn't have any more hits than it has...I'm taking it that PS must not be very popular?

Well on the receiver, you'd have to pay FFL. I've never purchased anything through the mail like that so I don't know what it would be? On something that costs so little, I would think it would only be a few dollars?

FFL transfer fees are as low as $15.00 and go up with the average around $25.00,I got several Doublestar lowers in a box I paid more than $50.00 each for,I'm gonna go look and may end up with a new upper and maybe a lower parts kit etc.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    OP, there is more to it than meets the eye. If you buy the lower and the parts kit at the same time you will pay an 11% Federal excise tax. Then there is the shipping and the FFL fees. All in all this is still a great deal.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

How many people have used these lowers? I think I have only ever seen one.

Good results?

I am thinking of building an AR and this could save a few hundred compared to a BCM lower.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    FFL transfer fees are as low as $15.00 and go up with the average around $25.00,I got several Doublestar lowers in a box I paid more than $50.00 each for,I'm gonna go look and may end up with a new upper and maybe a lower parts kit etc.
    Very cool. Please let us know if you do decide to get some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    OP, there is more to it than meets the eye. If you buy the lower and the parts kit at the same time you will pay an 11% Federal excise tax. Then there is the shipping and the FFL fees. All in all this is still a great deal.
    Good points. I wasn't aware of the excise tax.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    How many people have used these lowers? I think I have only ever seen one.

Good results?

I am thinking of building an AR and this could save a few hundred compared to a BCM lower.
    I would think that the receiver is just as good as anything else...guys please correct me if I'm wrong. There are other posts on this forum about Palmetto stuff and Palmetto gets good reviews from different people on here.

As far as the rest of the lower, I would personally spend the extra $39 to get the MOA kit so that I could get the Magpul stock that I want. I'm not saying the $99 kit is a bad one but why not get Magpul for an extra $39?

Please let us know what you decide to do, I'd be interested in knowing how your build turns out. ;-)

Senior Moderator
    Negative on the 11% exise tax.
    You only pay that on a completed rifle and its built into the price.

Its the very reason that some companys,like Rock River, put the upper and lower in a case without assembling it.

THe Manufacturer puts the price into the wholesale price of the rifle.

As a matter of fact, I just clarifed this with my ATF IOI a couple of weeks ago.
    DefConGun likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Due to Federal law, if you order an AR15 lower and AR15 parts, we will have to add an additional 11% Federal Excise Tax to the purchase price of the AR15 lower and AR15 parts. This amount will not be reflected in your shopping cart or on your invoice, but will be added when your order is processed.
    I took this straight from the PSA website. They could be wrong but that is what the site says.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Links