Kel-tec shotgun KSG - Wow! And at an estimated MSRP of $800!

This is a discussion on Kel-tec shotgun KSG - Wow! And at an estimated MSRP of $800! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Did I miss the post on this or somthing - couldn't find any posts on it with searches... Kel Tec CNC I'd have one of ...

Thread: Kel-tec shotgun KSG - Wow! And at an estimated MSRP of $800!

Senior Moderator

Kel-tec shotgun KSG - Wow! And at an estimated MSRP of $800!

Did I miss the post on this or somthing - couldn't find any posts on it with searches...

Kel Tec CNC

I'd have one of these in a split second (when they become available) if it were not for the fear that the BATFE would classify it a Class III weapon like they did the street sweeper.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

Yep you were asleep at the wheel,they were discussed several months ago,and people are just waiting til they start shipping them to distributors
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    gotta love our govt.....collects taxes when its sold than says its illegal less you pay more taxes....or you can give it to us for free.....
    did that with the assault ban in '93 to my H-Bar.( Ct worst of the states)

gonna be popular for the 3-gun shooter crowd.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Did I miss the post on this or somthing - couldn't find any posts on it with searches...

Kel Tec CNC

I'd have one of these in a split second (when they become available) if it were not for the fear that the BATFE would classify it a Class III weapon like they did the street sweeper.
    It was one of highlights of the Shot-show. We have it on allocation (take a number).
    Kel-tec designs some interesting firearms. Their problem of late has been actually spitting them out. Kel-tec seems to be mostly committed to government aerospace contracts that prevent them from manufacturing many firearms.
    Last edited by JD; October 17th, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

It seems like a neat idea. If anyone is familiar with the halo games I think it looks like the shotgun from it. I can't get past that hangup. Makes me feel like it is gimmicky even though it may be a serious weapon.

On a more serious note, the extra switches that must be there would require more training to utilize. A pump is nice and easy.

Nutnfancy has a 4 part video where he really puts the Kel Tec KSG through the paces on one of his run-n-gun courses. They have it compared against a Remington. It has a definite learning curve. There are issues with short stroking the pump action and reloading issues as well as switching between the two tube magazines. Most of it seems to be training issues.

Four different shooters put it through some hard live fire drills to bring out it's weaknesses. This video is Part 3 of the 4 part series which gives pretty good example. Yes, the videos are long... But I think Nutnfancy does what others don't. He actually puts guns through challenging courses of fire and not just stand up and show people shooting the gun static.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post

Kel Tec CNC

I must have missed the thread on this. This gun was the cover feature on the current issue of Guns and Ammo. This thing is incredible! For the MSR price of $800 I think they are going to sell quite a few.

Links