Golden Tiger ammo - Page 2

Golden Tiger ammo

This is a discussion on Golden Tiger ammo within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Success (I hope). After searching online, at gun shows, LGS, and even talking with the importer/manufacturer, I finally found someone who a) carries Golden Tiger ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Success (I hope). After searching online, at gun shows, LGS, and even talking with the importer/manufacturer, I finally found someone who a) carries Golden Tiger .223, b) will sell less than 1000 round cases, and c) actually has the product in stock.

See Golden Tiger .223 56gr 20rds from Ammo & Parts

I placed an order last night and received automated confirmation. We'll see if Monday I get any "bad news" or they tell me the order is on the way.

I have heard many say steel cased ammo is hard on the weapons it is fired through the one thing I've recently read was that steel cased ammo wears out the ejectors faster than brass cased.

Is this BS?

I do run the steel cased ammo through my SKS but have not purchased any for the AR's, or through and of my other rifles, hand guns included.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30 View Post

I have heard many say steel cased ammo is hard on the weapons it is fired through the one thing I've recently read was that steel cased ammo wears out the ejectors faster than brass cased.

Is this BS?
    Prue BS.........a prime example of the online crap that is repeated as truth by those who really have no idea or just like to spread BS they hear or read somewhere with no real personal experience to back it up. First of all the steel used in firearms extractors is far far harder that the very mild steel used in the cases of Russian steel cased ammo. And regardless if you did wear out the extractor somewhat prematurely, big deal, the cost of steel cased ammo is generally 25-35 percent less expensive than brass cased ammo that you would easily recoup the money to replace a $20 extractor. Example: 1000 rounds of factory loaded brass cased .223 is around $300-325 while Wolf, Silver Bear .223 is around $190-220 per 1000. If you shoot a lot like I do maybe 4-6K rounds a year of .223 you save around $400 to 500 hundred a year. After two years you could buy another rifle on the savings. Its a none issue. I have been shooting steel cased ammo for 20 years in AR's, AK47's, AK74's with few issues if any and certainly well worth the cost savings and slightly less accurate performance and a bit more residue in the barrel/action.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

The factory that makes Golden Tiger has the most modern equipment in Russia and is the last state owned factory so the workers take their time on quality control ;)

My Arsenal-converted Saiga loves this stuff! Great video BTW

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    "With great firepower comes great responsibility."

+1 on Golden Tiger. Stacking it when I can get it!! Don't touch any other Russian SHtuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links