Del-ton AR-15 Kits

This is a discussion on Del-ton AR-15 Kits within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just curios if anyone had any experience with their kits. I have only, tonight, even heard of them and was sung praises about the quality ...

Thread: Del-ton AR-15 Kits

Del-ton AR-15 Kits

Just curios if anyone had any experience with their kits. I have only, tonight, even heard of them and was sung praises about the quality of the kits.
    M4 Rifle Kits, AR 15 Kits, Gun Kits | Del Ton Rifles from Del-Ton, Inc.

They come with everything including the guts for a lower but you have to order the stripped lower separately. so about 465 for the kit and about 120 for the lower. I did not check shipping since I can drive to the location and pick it up.

Any input from owners are people that have used the Del-ton kit would be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Shop around you can get a decent lower receiver for around 70.00,I have assembled several Delton kits and they all run fine.I did order a kit about 4 months ago and they apparently backordered it due to a shortage of 16" 1x9 barrels,My order still hasn't been filled and even if they tried the card I used is no longer valid.their loss
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks dukalmighty shopping around is where I am at right now. I am in no hurry to purchase since I really have no need for anything above a bolt action and the wife does not believe the zombie apocalypse is coming anytime soon.

I have used several for builds for a local PD and I have no complaints on quality.....

But. The last time I ordered the site said 1 to 2 weeks. Then I called after two weeks and was told they were running 3 to 4 weeks. I went back to the site for some info and it then said 6 to 8 weeks. Emails went unanswerd and I ended up giving up one of my personal ARs to the customer who was waiting on his 2 week build. I got the gun in the mail at 7 weeks and 6 days.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I have asked around here as well and found that like Duk and Super have stated seems to be the norm. Good quality but don't be in a hurry seems manufacturing times are slow and you may be waiting for a bit.

I checked my LGS seems that ATI actually sells the Del-ton kits assembled at a marked up price point over the kits.

I've ordered both of mine from midway usa they are 469.00 there and they have a 50.00 code for orders over 500.00

Where ya $70 buck lowers? I recall seeing some cheapies needing machine work still for this price.

Been thinking about building an AR up rather then a turnkey, I could do this as budget allows.

These were on sale at one time,but at this price still a good deal,also their rifle kits seem to be pretty good deals and look like they ship within 10 days of order
    PSA AR15 Lower
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

JoeBoboutfitters has some.

Spike's Tactical Lower

Well....looks like I need to find a parts kit and get ordering.

Links