Spikes Tactical Backorders

This is a discussion on Spikes Tactical Backorders within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; All, Has anyone recently ordered a Spikes Tactical AR15 and want to share what the timeframe on your backorder was like? Spikes isn't offering estimates ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigJerm80

Thread: Spikes Tactical Backorders

All,

Has anyone recently ordered a Spikes Tactical AR15 and want to share what the timeframe on your backorder was like? Spikes isn't offering estimates anymore which I understand, but I'm just curious if it'd be talking 2 months or 12 months.

Thanks in advance!
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I ordered a complete mid-length at the begining of February and received it mid April. I was growing impatient but when I received it, I found it was well worth the wait. If you order you will be happy once you receive it.

Jerm,

Thanks for the information! First hand experience is the only way to gauge it right now since Spikes won't give a single peep.

Yea $850 is a good price for what I hear is a very nice rifle. Do you own any other ARs that you'd draw a comparison to (better, worse, or just as good as)?

Posted from my Sprint Nexus S 4G via Tapatalk
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I was actually lucky and purchased mine before the $50 price increase. With that said I wouldn't mind paying the new
    price tag. I am very impressed with their workmanship & QC. I had a LMT in th past and would say that the fit and finish were identical. Recent posts at another AR forum are saying that they have been receiving their complete order rifles between 8-12 weeks. Mine was about 10 and stated earlier was well worth it. Their CS is top notch and they have a life time warranty. Hope this helps with your decision.
    gdm320 likes this.

Thank you very much for that information Jerm, it's very helpful information for me to have as I try and make a decision. 2 - 3 months is perfectly reasonable for me and for the total package I'd have no complaints.

I just found it hard to believe that the majority of their customers thought that "no estimate at all" is better than a ballpark guess. When I read that I was thinking "Okay so it could be 2/3 months... or 6 months... or 9 months... or a year." Recently when I was searching for my 1911 Springfield told me that manufacturing time for new orders was 9 - 12 months, so my mind ran wild.

I think the Spikes has made the wish list.

Glad I could help. If you end up ordering, my guess is you won't be disappointed. By no means am I fanboy of spikes, I'm saying they provide the best bang for your buck for a top notch milspec rifle. My next rifle is going to be a daniel defense
    M4V3.

Thumbs up

I bought a spikes tactical mid length tricked out a little bit and waited about 2 months for it. From what I was told my nickle boron bcg was the hold up. They got one shippment that was slightly under par with there quality control so I had to wait for another shippment. LOL. Over all it was WELL worth the wait. That gun is my pride and joy of guns.

My mid length took 10 weeks to get. The hold up on mine was the 10" BAR rail I spec'd. It was on back order. As far as worth the wait, it was well worth it to me.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Sponsored Links