I took the plunge... - Page 3

I took the plunge...

This is a discussion on I took the plunge... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I picked up a Hi-Point 4595 .45ACP coupla months ago. What a tack driver it is,and no issues with over 800rnds through it....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I took the plunge...

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I picked up a Hi-Point 4595 .45ACP coupla months ago. What a tack driver it is,and no issues with over 800rnds through it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    I like my PCC in the .357 variety, which goes with the "out of vogue" revolver. But it still works great for me.

I think a lot of times, people are dishonest with themselves in their threat assessments, and skip over the PCC's for HD, in order to go all tacti-cool.
    I just went for the old work horse 12 gauge...LOL I think something like a PCC is a great option especially in what I assume is your 357 lever gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I'm not going o go out and buy a Hi Point, so I will have to settle for what I have.
    Guantes, you need any more mags for that? :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

No, I have plenty thanks.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I've been reading, looking, and pondering for a while concerning a compatible (with my 9mm handguns) carbine (9mm) that could be utilized for Home Defense if necessary or "bug out" SHTF type situations. I basically wanted to try and keep my self defense weapons in the same caliber to reduce ammo weight and different types of ammo, in the event the family and I found ourselves having to either defend or bug out and defend in transit. I figure with a red dot, I should be comfortable in being able to reach out and touch someone accurately, up to maybe 150 to 200 yards as well as handle close in requirements. After weighing several possibilities, I decided to get a Hi Point 995TS Carbine. Tough, lightweight, ability to add some aftermarket goodies, lifetime warranty, affordable, etc etc...The only negative for me was it has to have Hi Point mags and won't take my Glock mags...Otherwise, I'm excited, I took the plunge, and can't wait to get it..

Does anyone have one of these little carbines? What do you think of it?
    Here is a pic of my wife's 995TS 9mm and my 4095TS .40 carbines. They both shoot excellent and accurate and have never had a FTF.
    Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links