Mossberg 930 Roadblocker

Mossberg 930 Roadblocker

This is a discussion on Mossberg 930 Roadblocker within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Two weeks ago I read some good reviews on the Mossberg 930 semiauto. I saw a new one on GunBroker for an incredibly low price. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mossberg 930 Roadblocker

Distinguished Member

Mossberg 930 Roadblocker

Two weeks ago I read some good reviews on the Mossberg 930 semiauto. I saw a new one on GunBroker for an incredibly low price. Impulsively, I bought it. Yeah, I know, cool the post flames on my junk in the trunk. Anyway, the "Roadblocker" has a muzzle break on the end that looks something like a hammerhead shark. If you get past the one night flame reviews there is wisdom from some of the more "professional" reviews that it really does keep the muzzle on target. There was a recall on the Roadblocker 500 barrel three years ago. That has been corrected.

For me, that muzzle break adds unwanted inches for a home defense weapon (IMHO). So I looked into having it removed. Good luck. It's pinned. So now I am considering having a gunsmith take it off. Also, I might just sell it flat out. It's never been fired. I now know it was the Mossberg 930 SPX that all the great reviews came from. Thoughts? Anyone want a Roadblocker at a great price??
    Attached Images
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Back in the day didnt Mossberg make a 10ga auto called a roadblocker.....

Ithaca made the Roadblocker 10ga.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

VIP Member
    Before you sell it, check to see if you can get another barrel for it. I have 3 barrels for my Mossberg 500 - 18.5" HD, 24" deer & 28" interchangeable choke for general hunting, clays, etc.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member
    So they pinned a Barrett break on a 12ga?

Well, if it works on a .50 BMG, I imagine it should work here too.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Ithaca made the Roadblocker 10ga.
    Then Remington brought it back as the SP-10.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    What is the great price?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Administrator
    Throw me the great price... I'll get that dumb thing off the end of that barrel.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If removing the muzzle brake would shorten the barrel to under 18" then unless you do the paperwork to own a SBS your stuck,that could be why it's pinned,they do make several other barrels,I got the combo package 18.5" cylinder bore w/28" vent rib with choke tubes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well, I have been perfectly happy with my 930 SPX. And there are other 930's with 18.5" barrels. IF you got a great deal, just hunt down a new barrel, and you will still be saving money. Then the main difference between your 930 and my SPX (as it came from the factory), would be the sights, which while they are nice and I like them, are not needed.

The 18.5" barrel from Mossberg is $165, I'm sure somebody has it for cheaper.
    OD* likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

So it's pinned on there, huh?

Can't ya just take a punch, or drill bit to it? That is, assuming it will be legal size (non-NFA) after removal.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member
    Pinned, yes, and I will try and get some pics up as soon as I replace my stolen camera. sigh. $400 shipped. Exactly what I payed with shipping. Also, I will look into another barrel but it seems that will add another hundred and fifty plus bucks. Pardon the pun, I'll keep you posted.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I paid 475.00 for my 930 with both barrels,I looked around and it looks like todays security/field combo runs 497.00.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I paid 475.00 for my 930 with both barrels,I looked around and it looks like todays security/field combo runs 497.00.
    Mine was $370 plus shipping: $400. Did you include shipping and/or tax?

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If removing the muzzle brake would shorten the barrel to under 18" then unless you do the paperwork to own a SBS your stuck,that could be why it's pinned,they do make several other barrels,I got the combo package 18.5" cylinder bore w/28" vent rib with choke tubes
    To qualify as part of the barrel length a muzzle break/flash hider must be permanently attached. Does 'pinned' count as permanent?
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links