Colt SP 6920

This is a discussion on Colt SP 6920 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So after a couple years of not owning an AR-15 I've finally once again got back into the market for one. The market seems to ...

Thread: Colt SP 6920

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

Colt SP 6920

So after a couple years of not owning an AR-15 I've finally once again got back into the market for one. The market seems to be flooded with these black rifles that people like to hang stuff off of and do all kinds of things to them. I shot a friend's Colt LE 6920 a couple years ago and really liked it, even more than the M&P15 I had. The action seemed smoother when I ran the charging handle. I then decided my next AR would be a Colt LE 6920. I learned that Colt was discontinuing their civilian sales of the LE 6920 and making the SP 6920 or Sporter model available to the public. I ended up putting an SP 6920 on layaway and from the research I gathered it's the exact same rifle just different markings. Anyway I'll be picking it up in a couple weeks!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm envious. I almost walked out of a gun show with one two years ago, but didn't for some dumb reason...

Now Bud's is having a close-out. I'll be kicking myself once these are gone.

I am super happy with mine.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Administrator
    You can't do much better, enjoy-
    "Just blame Sixto"

My first AR15 was an Colt SP1 sporter I bought in around 1982 for $450.00 new
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have an LE marked 6721 HBAR....I got during the AWB. I love it. Congrats.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

My 6920 is smooth as silk. I guess Colt got tired of marking them, "LE, Military only."

I am slowly looking at an AR for around tax time. This keeps moving up on my list. I would like to get a BCM with rails and all that, but for someone newer to ARs this seems right. Simple and straight forward.

Let me know how it works out for you. Would like to see a range report.

I will definitely post a range report. I'm happy that Colt provides a cleaning kit and two magazines with their 6920 and 6940 carbines along with a sling but I plan to buy a VTAC quick adjust sling so probably won't be using the one that came with the gun. Just a few years ago the 6920 was going for over 1,600 dollars and in some places even 1,700. I'm sure they will go back up in price, especially if the government decides to pass another AWB. I was trying to choose between the Colt or the Ruger SR 556 but I think I'm going to be very happy that I went with the Colt. I bring her home on October 6th so it'll be a long two week wait!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

So I came into some extra cash yesterday and picked up my Colt SP6920 from my gun store yesterday. I took it to the range and ran 200 rounds of Remington UMC 55. gr .223 and 20 rounds of crappy 62 gr Wolf ammo. I had my target set up at 25 yards and just wanted to do a function run on it. Next time I go to the range I'll actually sight it in. I didn't experience any malfunctions with my Colt and IMO it's probably one of the best AR rifles on the market. I was shooting standing up so my shots weren't exactly bullseye groups and I was shooting at zombie targets. I don't consider myself a bullseye shooter, I mainly shoot as if I were engaging actual threats. The price isn't as bad as it was a few years ago after Obama got elected and I imagine in the near future these so called "assault weapons" are going to go up in price again. I paid 1,195 which is the best price I found in my area for a Colt 6920. Now it's time to shop for accessories!

sgb
    Nice choice
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

The Colt 6920's are the benchmark all other M4, carbine type AR's are measured against.

Can't go wrong with one....nice grab.
    كافر AMERICAN INFIDEL كافر

Links