Yugo M70 issue

Yugo M70 issue

This is a discussion on Yugo M70 issue within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been having trouble with the FCG on my Yugo M70. A pin broke and I replaced it. Now after reinstalling everything the pins ...

Thread: Yugo M70 issue

Yugo M70 issue

I have been having trouble with the FCG on my Yugo M70. A pin broke and I replaced it. Now after reinstalling everything the pins like to pop out when firing. My guess is the shepard crook or whatever its called is not set up correctly. Instead of using it I would like to get a retaining plate. Does anyone know which would be compatible.with the M70?

If I knew that half the parts out there are not compatible I would have bought a wasr or something. Any help is appreciated.

VIP Member
    Krebs retaining plate I think.

Call either Rifle Dynamics in Las Vegas or Red Jacket they can tell you for sure.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    I have been having trouble with the FCG on my Yugo M70. A pin broke and I replaced it. Now after reinstalling everything the pins like to pop out when firing. My guess is the shepard crook or whatever its called is not set up correctly. Instead of using it I would like to get a retaining plate. Does anyone know which would be compatible.with the M70?

If I knew that half the parts out there are not compatible I would have bought a wasr or something. Any help is appreciated.
    all of them are. I put a krebs in mine.

Good to know. I know a lot of parts and saw mixed answers. I figure extended axis pins and a retainer plate should do it. Did try a tapco which did nothing though.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    Good to know. I know a lot of parts and saw mixed answers. I figure extended axis pins and a retainer plate should do it. Did try a tapco which did nothing though.
    here is what I have as far as notes on the M70 compatibility. Found it on a forum a few years back and copied it to one of my word reference files.

Compatibility between 7.62x39 Yugo AK M70 and M90 and Norinco and some European/Chinese AK parts:

Part
    Compatible? Comments

Bolt Y Norinco and Bulgarian work ok, tested
    Bolt carrier Y " " " " same LOA as bulgarian and chinese, same dia gas piston
    Gas piston Y
    Recoil spring Y OK, but Bulgarian has a small tab on the rear button. Could be ground off easily.
    Top cover N Yugo top cover is about 3/8" shorter
    Trigger Y Double sear hooks
    Sear Y
    Hammer Y
    Trigger pins Y
    Safety/Selector N Yugo selector is longer than Norinco/Bulgarian with different stops
    Gas tube N Yugo gas tube about 1/2" longer
    Top handguard N Yugo handguards longer than Norinco
    Bottom handguard N Yugo handguards longer than Norinco
    Buttstock N Different butt socket than other AK's
    Pistol grip Y
    Front sight Y Appears to be the same, but not tested
    Front sight slide Y Standard dia is .394", Yugo looks to be the same.
    Rear sight N Yugo sight is slightly shorter. Should interchange, but ranges will be off

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Good to know for future purchases.
    Thanks.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Links