Trade my Eotech 512 for ACOG TA01NSN?

This is a discussion on Trade my Eotech 512 for ACOG TA01NSN? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have an Eotech on my AR15, and I really like it. but I'm a sucker for those ACOGs. they're just too awesome. I love ...

View Poll Results: Keep or trade the Eotech for ACOG

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the Eotech 512

8 47.06%
  • Trade it for the ACOG TA01-NSN

9 52.94%

Thread: Trade my Eotech 512 for ACOG TA01NSN?

Trade my Eotech 512 for ACOG TA01NSN?

I have an Eotech on my AR15, and I really like it.

but I'm a sucker for those ACOGs. they're just too awesome. I love them in the Army. clear, and precise.

but they have always been out of budget for me...

Well I have a contact that is willing to trade my Eotech for a TA01NSN. They are (re)painted black, but optics are in perfect condition.

I think a straight up trade is a pretty good deal... (He is selling them for 600-650 but I've bought many things from him before so he is giving me a really good deal)

what do you guys think?

I know they are 2 diff types of scopes, made for diff intentions, but I'm talking about value wise.... it's just too good to pass up. used they go for 500-700 according to my quick google research.

let me add that they are not the copycat ones. it's got the serial number laser etched in on top. It's the real deal. it's a solid contact and wouldn't have any fake ones.

My rifle's intention is really 100-200 yards max (meant to be a close dist AR) but it's an ACOG for my Eotech 512!! I could put a red dot on top of the ACOG too since the NSN has that back up iron sight thing that people replace with red-dots

plus, maybe few months down the road when I have some cash again, I might just get another Eotech and swap it out and keep the ACOG for another AR build :)

thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I wouldnt even think about it... I'd would have done it already.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Does he have another ACOG he wants to trade? I'll throw in my Larue throw-lever mount. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Yeah, you talk too much. Do the deal already!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Any possibility they have some with green reticles?

I looked it up, and they're all amber according to trijicon. But these glow up amber supposedly (a friend who got one said so, I didn't get a chance to look)

It's not the fake one where they aren't tridium though. It's not battery powered or anything. And I would for sure be able to tell it was fake just by clarity. It's actualmtridium (the front sight was tritium too)

Little confused about this.

I mig stop by and get a couple pictures or take one home to analyze better

Possible older models were green, or trijicon replaced it with a green one?

I would contact Trijicon and make sure that it is not a counterfiet,I've seen some very good fakes,they can tell you things that the Chinese can not duplicate,good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    I have an Eotech on my AR15, and I really like it.

but I'm a sucker for those ACOGs. they're just too awesome. I love them in the Army. clear, and precise.

but they have always been out of budget for me...

Well I have a contact that is willing to trade my Eotech for a TA01NSN. They are (re)painted black, but optics are in perfect condition.

I think a straight up trade is a pretty good deal... (He is selling them for 600-650 but I've bought many things from him before so he is giving me a really good deal)

what do you guys think?

I know they are 2 diff types of scopes, made for diff intentions, but I'm talking about value wise.... it's just too good to pass up. used they go for 500-700 according to my quick google research.

let me add that they are not the copycat ones. it's got the serial number laser etched in on top. It's the real deal. it's a solid contact and wouldn't have any fake ones.

My rifle's intention is really 100-200 yards max (meant to be a close dist AR) but it's an ACOG for my Eotech 512!! I could put a red dot on top of the ACOG too since the NSN has that back up iron sight thing that people replace with red-dots

plus, maybe few months down the road when I have some cash again, I might just get another Eotech and swap it out and keep the ACOG for another AR build :)

thoughts?

Trade him for the acog, sell the acog and then buy another eotech or a aimpoint and pocket the other 300-500 bucks. IMO you cant beat a red dot for a 100-200 yard rifle.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Since it's a 512, I'd definitely trade it. Though I don't care much for the TA01, it's still a nice optic and more expensive than the EoTech. Now, if you had an XPS-3 or a 553, I might not make the trade, but definitely dump the 512.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Links