turn your ar to full auto?

This is a discussion on turn your ar to full auto? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RKM FA is equally as dangerous as semi-auto. No more or less. But IMO, it's less deadly as many people seem to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: turn your ar to full auto?

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    FA is equally as dangerous as semi-auto. No more or less. But IMO, it's less deadly as many people seem to think FA is MEANT for spray and pray from the hip which NEVER EVER beats intentional, well aimed shots.... ever. You have a crazy nut go on a rampage and spray and pray, he'll have far less victims than even just an average shooter would with semi-auto.
    And the crazy nut spraying FA would most likely run out of self carried ammo quicker.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Spend that money.....

I'm more of a single shot rifle person but I do enjoy watching the full auto folks doing their thing. This sounds like a good way for an average Joe to try his hand at something close to full auto without the expense of buying an actual machine gun. Sounds fun. Let the folks have some fun.

For those who say it has no legitimate use. Who says there has to be one? In a free society should we have to justify everything we might enjoy?

Michael

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Plenty of situations where a full-auto would beat intential, well aimed shots. I'm off topic to OP, just saying, there are situations where a rock or knife would be better than a firearm. It is always a matter of the situation.
    Like what? If I got a bad guy spray lead my way and I lift up my rifle and spray lead his way now we have two bullet hoses going off that are sending bullets everywhere and possible into innocents. I personally believe full auto has no proper place or a need except for in a full out war zone.

I still want my mini gun and an M60 though, never need one, still cool to have even though I see no practical use for them.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Like what? If I got a bad guy spray lead my way and I lift up my rifle and spray lead his way now we have two bullet hoses going off that are sending bullets everywhere and possible into innocents. I personally believe full auto has no proper place or a need except for in a full out war zone.

I still want my mini gun and an M60 though, never need one, still cool to have even though I see no practical use for them.
    The one advantage that I see to full auto or the simulation of it in a tactical situation is the intimidation factor. If you ever find yourself pinned down in a position and you want to keep an individual or group of individuals from advancing on you while your backup arrives, a burst of full auto in their direction will certainly give them pause for consideration. Despite what you see in the movies, I think the practical application for full automatic fire is not to go after people, it's to keep them from coming after you.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links