turn your ar to full auto?

This is a discussion on turn your ar to full auto? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i was just at a local gun show and saw this product for sale that looked really cool, one of them things where you say ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: turn your ar to full auto?

turn your ar to full auto?

i was just at a local gun show and saw this product for sale that looked really cool, one of them things where you say why did i not think of that. it turns your ar into full auto by just changing out the but stock for one that can slide back and forth, all you do is push the weapon forward and when it recoils it comes back but as long as you keep constant forward pressure on the it will keep fireing, sort of like a bump fire except now you keep it up into your shoulder instead of buy your hip giving you more acurate shot placement. it was around 300 bucks and if i had an ar i would have bought one, it also has a switch to lock the slide option so now you could fire normal semi-auto the web sighrt is Slide Fire Solutions - Home check it out and get one if i were u before they put some kind of a band on them, tell me what you think, and sorry if this was a topic already.

2. Remove Ads

I find I'm much more effective, and thus much happier with aimed fire. It's an expensive, unnecessary, money burner with limited application IMHO.
    baren likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

It's a joy ride that has no real application. Deliberate, aimed fire is to be more admired.
    azchevy likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Interesting product design, and a peculiar way to avoid breaking the law with a full auto weapon. I think it would be a lot of fun at the range, but at the end of the day, the AR15 is what it is because over the years it has evolved, and this would be a core change that would make me uncomfortable relying on my weapon in a real life scenario.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Full Auto vs Semi-auto - YouTube

IMO, deliberate aimed fire is more effective. Hickok 45 demonstrates it here.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Great way to burn up ammo and scare dirt clods.

yep, this device does make the AR seem full auto.......meh

Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15
    You can do the same thing with a rubber band around the trigger.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

I agree re the greater utility of aimed fire. Bump fire from the shoulder without gizmos is not that difficult.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Full auto gizmos are just to show off at the range or have some fun into a pile of dirt. Even my MP5, which I could keep a very tight group of constant full auto, I hardly fired full auto except a very small burst now and then.

The problem with the slide fire stock is that you have to push forward in a way, if I remember correctly, and it's even harder to control and fire accurately than a true full auto m4 from what I've seen. My buddy bought two of them and modified one to work on his S&W 22. I fired maybe a mag through the 5.56 and it just wasn't for me. But, others seem to like it. Pretty much every round I fire has a purpose, whether it's 400 spread out over a week or a 1,500 round class. Each shot I'm focusing on something, whether it's trigger control, using cover, reloading, etc. This does not fit in any of the training categories for me.

At our local range where they offer them, they can't keep them on the shelves. Some guys just love them…..and the indoor range has a few hundred new holes in the ceiling to prove it.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I actually have one,and you can control effective bursts with practice,It is a device that replicates FA and its a way most people can get a feel for what FA feels like.My local range banned them due to the fact that there are enough safety issues with people firing standard weapons,they are about as close to a FA gun as most people will ever get,I have access to numerous FA weapons,when compared to an M16/M4 the cyclic rate is slower.I usually pull them out when I'm shooting on private land with friends,my reloads only cost me about $8.00 100 rounds so its not overly expensive,vs $7-8.00 for 20 rounds of cheap 223.
    Most people aren't gonna run out and drop 350.00 on a stock plus burn up 12-15 bucks in ammo in about 4 seconds
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

ya i agree with all of u about wasting ammo and decreased acuracy but it would be fun every now and again, ontarget1911 how do you use a rubberband to make it work like that?

I don't know about a rubberband, but one SOT tied a shoelace to an AR carry handle, ran it down through the triggerguard, and held one end of it in his shooting hand with a keychain ring around a finger. When he asked The Man for an opinon, he got a letter that said "we find that the shoelace is a machinegun". There was a similar stock for the 10/22 that was approved at first, then banned, leaving the owners holding the bag.

The best way to get an AR to be full auto is with a $20,200 or so check.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I like my AR just the way it is. I haven't ventured into reloading yet but i plan to in the future. That being said im paying out about 60 bucks per 200 rounds at my local gun shop who i have been doing business with for years. I just don't see the point in shooting a FA with a 30 round mag, so id be tempted to put a 100 round drum on it and thats about 30 bucks in less than a minute or close to it. If i have to do that to impress my friends then i feel bad for them lol. I would rather have a semi auto and make a crazy long shot than just burn up ammo for no reason. Just my .02
    Firearms - A passion you can really enjoy, and if ya keep your head up outta your butt you can enjoy it for many years to come - Will (Red Jacket Firearms)

It may not be tactically sound, but it is cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links