Small Rifle

This is a discussion on Small Rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Small Rifle

VIP Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Personally I think they are very cool looking guns and would be fun to shoot, but I have never had the chance. I love the magazine placement and operation. Given what little I know about it, I still do not see why it would not be a good HD gun. Compact and high capacity are two major pluses.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

If you have the $ for one of those, you have the $ for a hell of a lot of training classes.

Get the classes...

I have 2 FNH FS2000 5.56mm for outdoor meduim range weapon. My Mossberg 500 pump is primary SD for my House and around the outside my house. For around the home Shotgun for SD.
    Short story that happen last week, I live in semi-rural area in Central Texas. I wasn't home. My wife was awaken by the sound a car in the drive. She seen a old white sedan with three teenagers that had backed down our slightly steep drive. They appeared to be interested in our convertible parked in the drive. She went out the back door and rounded our house to the front corner the house with the Mossberg in hand. From that location corner, which was about 15ft from the sedan, She asked "What's up?". The teenagers had not yet exited thier car, but the Driver claimed they were just turning around. My wife told'em to leave immediately and never to use our drive to "turn around again period". They quickly left without word. After they, left my wife called the Sheriff Office with the vehicle description, license plate and teenagers description. Then she called me at work. They sent a patrol car out to cruise around the area for couple days. I guess to see if the kids were casing places for cars or homes to hit. I think she did an outstanding job and am glad she used the shotgun in situation rather then the FS2000 or her Glock. She was carrying her glock as backup, of course. She is a special lady :)

Good for her!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Thats a real good thing baren :D

I just purchased (purchasing) a Browning A500R from my step dad and considering buying my next firearm, My girlfriend wants to purchase my first pistol so im looking for more into another rifle.

From what I know of my shotgun is I can hold 3 rounds (use it for hunting a few times) and a buddy says I should be able to remove the choke and hold 8. I am like a few people here and really like the design as well. Would be cool to look into AUG's but figure the smaller "Bullpup" (Thanks to who wrote this, honestly couldnt remember the phrase) :D would be cheaper since the ammunition is lighter (9 compared to a rifle round)

Thank you all for the replies :D
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Not a fan of the most expensive 22 magnum ever. Ballistics are near identical.

FYi, this is my own "bullpup" I been working on since last spring. I finally got the class III stamp (Jan 4th) for my SBR project with a Kel-Tec PLR-16 I purchased about 5 years ago and things are now moving along. I assembled everything over the weekend so all I need to do now is get my new info engraved on the receiver. I can make it even shorter by removing the 6" barrel extension and replacing it with a standard AR flash suppressor. Here are a few photo's of the finished product... happy-happy, joy-joy!
    Attached Images
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I can't stand the looks of them as I like more traditional style however a buddy has one and I shot it and at 200 yards standing I could put every round on target I couldn't believe the accuracy of the thing and was really impressed. I wouldn't spend the money on one they are asking but if they come down in price I'd purchase one.

Quote Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
    FYi, this is my own "bullpup" I been working on since last spring. I finally got the class III stamp (Jan 4th) for my SBR project with a Kel-Tec PLR-16 I purchased about 5 years ago and things are now moving along. I assembled everything over the weekend so all I need to do now is get my new info engraved on the receiver. I can make it even shorter by removing the 6" barrel extension and replacing it with a standard AR flash suppressor. Here are a few photo's of the finished product... happy-happy, joy-joy!
    FYI that's not a bullpup, which has the trigger in front of the magazine well. Though I'd much rather have something in a real rifle caliber like it than something chambered in 5.7. Have seen too many people who used them complain of not being as effective as 5.56. Small Caliber PDW's: FN 5.7 mm/HK 4.6 mm - M4Carbine.net Forums

If you want a high capacity 9mm, look into a calico. You'd save quite a lot over the price of a PS90, plus you could actually find ammo for it somewhere other than on-line.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    FYI that's not a bullpup, which has the trigger in front of the magazine well. Though I'd much rather have something in a real rifle caliber like it than something chambered in 5.7. Have seen too many people who used them complain of not being as effective as 5.56. Small Caliber PDW's: FN 5.7 mm/HK 4.6 mm - M4Carbine.net Forums
    Yes, I'm aware of that. You may have noticed the word "bullpup" is in parentheses in my post. I was really pointing to my SBR's overall small size and compactness compared to most AR/AK/assault style weapons. Anyway, it works for me and is WAY cheaper than other SBR, PDW or bullpup style rifles you'll normally find available to the general public.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

For a rifle I prefer my small Win 94 Trapper model: I have both .45 Long Colt and .30-30
    For a scatter gun I have a Mossberg Mariner which works very well: 12 Ga modified choke.

I think they're cool, but they also cost way too much for me to consider. A LGS has one for ~$2000 and if my mind remembers right it is an SBR version.

I'd personally take an SBR AR15 for home defense if we were talking about rifles only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links