Full Auto

This is a discussion on Full Auto within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does/has anyone here or someone they personally know ever used a fully automatic weapon for Home Defense? Well, not neccessarily used, but kept. Just curious. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Auto

Talking Full Auto

Does/has anyone here or someone they personally know ever used a fully automatic weapon for Home Defense? Well, not neccessarily used, but kept.

Just curious.

Thanks-45ACP4ever
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Haha...look at my avatar.

It is a HK UMP .45 that belongs to a Sheriff Deputy/SWAT team member, and he does keep it readily available for HD. Hes down on the border, and has actually produced it when confronting some people who were breaking into his barn.

I know one thing, it is an absolute blast to run through a tactical course.
    Fear No Evil.

How's it handle? I would love to get one, who can deny a subgun in .45ACP.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

It is absolutely great, easy to keep on target, and has that distinctive .45 thump when shooting. He also has a suppressor for it, and that is also a blast to shoot...I have some videos of my Criminal Justice Association running it through some courses...if I could just get them posted somewhere..illl post the links. anyone know of a free video hosting service?

One day I ran 500 rounds through it..like it was nothing. It is amazing how fast they really shoot. I would hate to be on the receiving end of one. I could keep an entire mag on a target no problem at 25 yards shooting in bursts.

Full auto AR's are also fun, but not as controllable in full auto IMO as the sub guns.
    Fear No Evil.

I have a Ruger AC556 in WI that I used for HD. I can't own full auto in MI it has to stay in WI.

Try putfile.com for hosting.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Heres a brief clip of some full auto shooting with the UMP.

http://media.putfile.com/UMP-48
    Fear No Evil.

Very cool. I have always liked the UMP but haven't heard anything on them in a long time. Are they liked as much as the MP5s? I would like the 45, 40, or even 10mm more than the 9mm. And it looks very controllable.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Are there any H & K MP5's (or variants) that are semi only and legal for regular civies?

Sweet shooting by the way.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I have always liked the UMP but haven't heard anything on them in a long time. Are they liked as much as the MP5s

This particular department likes them because they can buy 2 UMP's for the price of 1 MP5. And having shot both, I prefer the UMP .45 simply because it feels cool.

Are there any H & K MP5's (or variants) that are semi only and legal for regular civies?

HK made a civilian legal version of the UMP several years ago, but I dont know if they are still around in signifigant numbers.

The UMP is very controllable, surprisingly controllable in fact.

We had students out there one day who were able to make 90%+ accuracy their first time out with it. Even a 130 lb wman could control it.

I like the platform very much.
    Fear No Evil.

full-auto from a semi-auto

I saw a segment on the Outdoor Network, where a 'sharpshooter' took a stock 1911 .45 semi-automatic and fired it 'full-auto'.

It was the damnest thing I've ever seen.

He placed his left handed thumb, between his trigger-finger on his right hand and the trigger guard, and after firing the first round, the gun would cycle the next round in.

At almost the same instant, his trigger finger (right hand) would 'bump' his thumb from his left hand, spring back, and fire the next round.

This would go on repeatedly until he ran out of ammo, which took all of 3-4 seconds!

It was quite a sight to see.

Wes.
    Always remember: 3 can keep a secret, if 2 are dead!

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Does/has anyone here or someone they personally know ever used a fully automatic weapon for Home Defense? Well, not neccessarily used, but kept.

Just curious.

Thanks-45ACP4ever
    I have several Class III weapons, one of which is a suppressed H&K MP5 that is my SHTF weapon for close work. I also have two Glock 18s (one straight one compensated), that are a real hoot to shoot, and a Viet Nam era M-16. I have just submitted the paperwork on a full auto Vector UZI in .45ACP
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

I have about 22 of em.........from the Powder Springs MACs to 4 belt feds.......including a couple Thompsons and a 1918A2 BAR
    I've kept one of the MP5s close, and also the HK53A3, just in case
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I am really really jealous of you guys. A 19182 BAR and a UMP 45 with a suppressor would be just about enough for me.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    I am really really jealous of you guys. A 19182 BAR and a UMP 45 with a suppressor would be just about enough for me.
    I could "make do" with a select fire AR.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Yeah I could slum it with a full-auto AR! It would be cool to have a short barrel select fire AR. Maybe a 11.5"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links