Anyone recommend LWRC REPR?

This is a discussion on Anyone recommend LWRC REPR? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am going to soon be in the market to expand my EBR side of the safe. I am really looking at LWRC REPR 7.62. ...

Thread: Anyone recommend LWRC REPR?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Anyone recommend LWRC REPR?

I am going to soon be in the market to expand my EBR side of the safe.

I am really looking at LWRC REPR 7.62.

Anyone here own one and what do you think? I would go with KA but they are ridiculously overpriced if you ask me.

I would also see about getting a suppressor with it as well since they are legal in my state and I treasure my hearing above all else now that I am getting a little older. However I understand LWRC doesnt make nor sells suppressors.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

I had one for a while. It's a decent rifle but ultimately I sold it as the SCAR H fits my needs a bit better. In terms of accuracy, the REPR was maybe a half MOA more accurate, but not something most would notice in the field. It's a heavy rifle compared to the SCAR but on par with the MWS and SR25.

For suppressors, I'll be picking up the new Surefire 7.62 mini eventually. I'm SBR'ing my SCAR and tutting the barrel to 13", I think, and the mii will fit nicely. It's about the size of a standard Surefire 212 5.56.

I often ran a 3x magnifier behind the Comp M4. I know I shouldn't span the gap, but whatever!

Last edited by jonconsiglio; October 24th, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

good gun.. but look at the la rue for the price

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Will La Rue OBR work with mags such as Magpul etc... or do they require only La Rue Magazines?
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Did you hit the lottery? Those REPRs are expensive!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

If I were buying a modern 7.62 battle rifle today, it would still most likely be the SCAR H. Like i said, mine has been great and I don't regret it at all. Other than that, I'd look at either the LaRue OBR or thr LaRue OBR PredatAR, depending on my intended use.

Lately I've been wanting to add a 16" FAL.

The only issue with the SCAR was mags, but they've dropped considerably in price and there are some good 25 round mags available as well that are at least good for training. Unlike my 5.56 rifles, I don't feel the need for more than maybe 10 quality magazines and thy includes a few dedicated for use and abuse at the range.

The LaRue can use Magpul mags / it accepts sr25/m110 pattern magazines.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Yeah,but you got to admit the JOB 4:8 quote on the receiver is a nice touch on the reprs.
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Did you hit the lottery? Those REPRs are expensive!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Yeah,but you got to admit the JOB 4:8 quote on the receiver is a nice touch on the reprs.
    They are sweet! Until you get to the price tag.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    They are sweet! Until you get to the price tag.
    Or you carry it around for a few hours with it well equipped... Not that it's terrible, but knowing there are rifles just as capable and over 3 pounds lighter can be frustrating in the South Texas heat..!

Links