Knox Arms recoiling stock question

This is a discussion on Knox Arms recoiling stock question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I just bought myself a Mossberg 590 for bear defense, although it is an improvement over my 500 for recoil, I was looking at ...

Thread: Knox Arms recoiling stock question

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar

Question Knox Arms recoiling stock question

So I just bought myself a Mossberg 590 for bear defense, although it is an improvement over my 500 for recoil, I was looking at the Knox arms recoiling stock on a 870, seems like a very nice piece of gear, also the stock butt is the adjustable AR style. Has anyone used these on their guns? I fire the 3 magnums and I am rather recoil sensitive and trying to avoid flinching. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I use their Compstock on my 870. It is a standard style stock because I like the looks better. It works wonderfully. Without a doubt the best modification I did. The SpecOps stock you are talking about is said to absorb even more recoil than the one I have, it has two recoil reducing mechanisms.

The 870 is my HD gun and I am also a little recoil sensitve when it comes to longarms. I did not really like shooting my 870 before and I wouldn't get a good cheekweld because it would hurt. I would go home with bruises if I shot 2 3/4" slugs or buck. With the compstock my follow-up shots are noticably faster and more accurate. This is probably due to the fact that I don't worry about recoil. Also when I use reduced recoil slugs or buck it feels like a push on the sholder.

I put one of the CompStocks on my 870HD and I love it. Right after I put it on I ran 25 slugs through it in less than two minutes with no ill effects. It reduces slug recoil to something comperable to birdshot recoil. Highly recommended accessory.

Just watching the video's from there website pretty much tell's the whole story about if they work or not. When the guy is back up against the post and fire's an 870 with slugs from his shoulder and into his stomach without any affects, that was pretty wild.

I am booked up on training right now, so play money is going to that! but I fully intend on getting a Knoxx Stock probably the Spec-Ops for my shot gun soon after.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Thanks for the information, that's what I was looking at, definatly on the list, the drum mag is kind of cool.

http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/P...ductReview.htm

Yeah the drum mag looks cool but it makes the defensive shotty even more bulky and you also have to perminantly modify the Mossy. I keep mine under my bed and it would keep it from lying flat. An extended mag would work just fine for my purposes.

I also think they have discontinued the drum mag for some reason.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Links